New Voter Id Card Issue

dixitmca

Question

Sir

I am 30 year old from a village(Amihit,Kerakat,jaunpur(u.p.)) and about 2 months ago i applied for voter id card and after many attempt ,i got my Voter Id Card,but.......

My name is not correct .

i ask the man whom we call "lekpal" (a Government Employee Deployed By Government for Gram Panchayat) that who is responsible for this,then he told that all fault is in Computer,

Now i am sure that it is not a fault of computer because i am also a software Engineer,

Now i just want to know who is responsible for this?

How can i modify this fault?

6 answers to this question

Atul Patankar

Though this will probably be a clerical mistake (by data-feeding sub-contractor's employee), the ultimate responsibility lies with Chief Electoral officer of your district. This office will be probably situated within DM's office.

You have to submit form 8 for correction of details in voter list. After, say, 4-5 weeks, you can apply under Right to Information Act to know the status of your application, action taken thereon, etc.

Alternatively, you may choose to take a stand that you had made no mistake in original application, and you do not want to apply(in form 8) for correcting other peoples' mistakes. In that case, you can immidiately apply under RTI, seeking copy of your form 6 for enrolement, copy of the entry made as a result of that application, reasons for variation if any, and designation of officer who authorised such change.

Also go thru numerous thread on this forum discussing similar issues, like http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/10566-voting-id.html

Do go thru RTI Guide before actually drafting your application.

jitendra2010

Dear Ganesh Ji,

Please don't try to find out the culprit who has made mistake in your Voter ID Card. You are a Software Engineer, so it is possible that you may have that level of accuracy in your work.

Please use Form-8 to make correction in your Voter ID Card. Please submit that Form-8 with Color Photo and required document at Panchayat office or at the office of District Election Officer, Jaunpur. I am sure after election they will issue you fresh Voter ID Card.

Thanks

Jitendra Prasad

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

jitendra2010

Dear Ambrish Ji,

I have mentioned the URL with my name that also providing information on Right to Information in different languages and interested users can visit there to use that information. Also, that was not the consumer product dissemination.

If you are talking about Right to Information then you should ready to accept all kind of valid, logical and related resources.

If you find, that information was wrong then I am sorry for that.

Thanks

Jitendra Prasad

• Super Moderator
ganpat1956

Dear Jitendra Prasad, thank you very much for admitting that you have used the url below your name so that interested users can visit your site. It is precisely this type of a campaign that we normally discourage. However I am sure the GoI might have already allocated sufficient funds and devised ways so that viewers are attracted to India Development Gateway.

Here we discuss about RTI Act only, under the conditions laid down in the forum rules(to which you have agreed to when you became a member). I would rater suggest that you should visit RTI India - Forum Rules again and brush up your memory. Please do take note that the action of a moderator cannot be discussed over the forum board, but the aggrieved person can only escalate it higher.