Annual Confidential Report

milinduw

Question

20 answers to this question

I do not agree.A full bench of Punjab Information Commission has already given verdict in Faquir Chand Sharma case in November this year that copy of ACR can be given to the employee.The decision is available on web site of Punjab information commission.

adil85

VICTOR MECWAN

kushal, I disagree with tyou.I have myself got my ACR's for last eight years.Thers is no ban on getting your own ACR.However,you can not get the ACR of the other person as this is a personal information under 8(1) (j).

Decision of the Supreme Court of India in the case Dev Dutt versus Union of India and others decided on 13th of May 2008 has laid the issue to rest making it mandatory to supply the copy of the ACR an employee except in military services. I suggest to end further discussion on this subject.

ANOOP AGGARWAL

The q. is not regarding disclosures of ACR's of an individual are of all the employees. The main q. iis that in a particular departmental promotion process the procedure is as under:

Their are 50 marks on the basis of ACR

10 marks are for length of service & educational Qualification.

40 marks are for interview.

Now after the process is over the department selects few persons without disclosing the total and bifurcated marks of all eligible candidates and also do not disclose merit list.

Here the candidate wants to know his/her status in Merit list by asking total marks alotted to all the candidates including him/her out of a total of 100 and also the bifurcation of marks allotted under ACR, Edu. Qual. Length of service and in the interview. Whether this is a personal information as the candidate is not asking for comments as per ACR of all the employees

ANOOP AGGARWAL

The q. is not regarding disclosures of ACR's of an individual are of all the employees. The main q. iis that in a particular departmental promotion process the procedure is as under:

Their are 50 marks on the basis of ACR

10 marks are for length of service & educational Qualification.

40 marks are for interview.

Now after the process is over the department selects few persons without disclosing the total and bifurcated marks of all eligible candidates and also do not disclose merit list.

Here the candidate wants to know his/her status in Merit list by asking total marks alotted to all the candidates including him/her out of a total of 100 and also the bifurcation of marks allotted under ACR, Edu. Qual. Length of service and in the interview. Whether this is a personal information as the candidate is not asking for comments as per ACR of all the employees

nk agarwal

Dear Mr. Anoop,

The selection or promotion process necessarily is not the same as you have mentioned.

It may be valid for a particular department(s), nevertheless the (1)disclosure of ACRs and (2) disclosure of selection process/minutes are two different and independent issues. The thread under reference is confined to disclosure of ACRs only.

nk agarwal

Dear Mr. Anoop,

The selection or promotion process necessarily is not the same as you have mentioned.

It may be valid for a particular department(s), nevertheless the (1)disclosure of ACRs and (2) disclosure of selection process/minutes are two different and independent issues. The thread under reference is confined to disclosure of ACRs only.

nk agarwal

Dear Adil85,

would it be convenient for you to upload the decision of Punjab Information Commision's verdict in Faquir Chand Sharma case in November.

thnks

Dear Sir,

In Institutions, instead of ACR's FAR's are maintained. (FAR i.e., Faculty Appraisal form). Are the FAR's accessible through RTI Act, 2005

I have two doubts primarily:

1.Is it not a fact that With the introduction of RTI act 2005, the official secret act has become redundant and therefore summerily defunct. if not, do they not contradict each other. Is there any circular to clarify this issue?.

2. Several reports including that from Supreme court verdict on Dev Dutt vs. Supreme Court of India suggests that ACR should be disclosed to the Govt. Servants whereas there are equal no. of cases where the Information commission has turned down the appeal for disclosure quoting Official secrets act. Therefore is it left to the discretion of the PIO to disclose the ACR or is there a Govt Order to make it mandatory for the PIO to disclose the ACR as long as the applicant asks for his own ACR?

MKSAHA