Jump to content
  • 0

Information about fees structure in Private Colleges in Haryana




Hi All,

My brother is pursuing MBA from a Govt. Recognised Private college in Haryana.

His college charges 200-500/- at every 30-40 days without providing receipt.

e.g. Just 10days ago he has paid his college Rs.250/- for party of Diwali.

As there are 1000 students in college, so it’s a big amount they charge, without giving ANY RECEIPT to students. Also students are not sure; whether there will have a party in college.

Charging of these miscellaneous charges is not new thing in ALL private colleges in Haryana.

Being a private college & for sake of future of my brother, I can not directly complain, keeping him in loop. Also, if I complain to Government, as there is no proof or receipt of payment, so it will be hard to proceed.

Can somebody guide me how to bring this unnecessary charging in highlight?

I’m planning to complain this charging to Income Tax department. After some days I’ll file a RTI application asking actions taken on that complain.

Please guide me further, how can I make it more effective.

Thanks to all.



Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Super Moderator

Even if the college is private, there must be some Government Department (Central or State) which must be "controlling" some aspect of the college's activities. Information about a private college can be sought from "that particular" department.

The following thread will help you:



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You can use the copy of order directing the students to deposit the fees as proof. If a notice to that effect was put up on college notice board you can ask your brother to take a photo of that notice.

Although this may fall outside the ambit of discussions on this site, I suggest that you file a complain under Consumer Protection Act. You are almost sure of getting the decision in your favour. If the college denies taking the fees you can produce some fellow students as witnesses. Under the CP Act you can get full refund of all inappropriate fees paid with interest and compensation for any loss suffered. The college may be fined also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy