Information to be asked in the form available.

prema

Question

11 answers to this question

thank you for the authentic information conveyed by you. However, I feel most of us do not know how the files are kept in Government organisation, and asking for information is really dificult this way. Any modification to this will help common man like us.

sunil sri

while seeking information under RTI one should also keep in mind whether it is in public interest. RTI act should not be used to harrass public authority.

Mr Sunil sri,

The spirit of RTI says that every public authority should work as per rules, regulations and orders of Govt. of India. Whenever the mentality of every public authority will improve there will be not wrong in society.

Satish Gupta

Dear Prema:

Please give details of incident where information was refused. Some times the PIO is just trying to get away without doing his/her job. They use language to confuse the requester. Tell us specifically what was requested. What language was used to request that information?

ramakanth b

I have asked information such as no. of officers chargesheeted for the offence of unauthorised absence from duty, how many have been departmentally proceeded and how many of them punished with compulsory retirement etc. The organisation's employee data base is fully computerised, each and every officer record is networked centrally etc. To compile the information is not a difficult proposition. However, I was denied the information on the ground that the organisation does not maintain separate record pertaining to action initiated against officer employees for the only misconduct of unauthorised absence from duty. Further, it said that collection of information from various regional offices and zonal offices divert the resources of the organisation and hence sought exemption to furnish information under section 7(9) of RTI act.

The fact that the organisation has not given punishment of compulsory retirement for the misconduct of absence of duty to any officer and I wanted to get this information from organisation itself to fight a course case affecting me. The organisation precisely wanted to avoid giving this information.

How to prepare an appeal in such cases? Information will definitely be available in the records of the Bank, but it may not be availabale in the form I have asked. I only want information in whichever form the organisation can give. Please guide.

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Ramakanth

1. It seems that PIO is correct as u have not specified any time frame that u need info pertaining to xxxx period.

2. Better file fresh application and specify the number of years you want information for or give the years like 2006-07, 2007-08, etc.

regards

• Super Moderator
karira

Prema,

Can you please share the RTI application and the PIO's reply ?

This will help our members guide you correctly.