rti on private entities

prabodhacharya

prabodhacharya

:) Hello! very nice, for getting myself in your community.

Whether or not, any information regarding any private body can be available through the intervention of this forum? :confused:

kindly reply early...

hello Prabhodh,

Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information.

The aim of this Portal is to provide help and extend good knowledge of RTI Act 2005, and spread the spirit of RTI Act to Eradicate Corruption from the roots of India.

prabodhacharya

hello Mr. Wagh,

can you say the prescribed service conditions of a company is a private document or a public document which should be supplied to the employees?

pdbhatia

Hello,

Welcome to the RTI india Community hope you will receive and share lot of knowledge regarding RTI over here and be a part of a revolution to bring a change the way we are governed,Be regular on this site and use the Knowledge in your everyday life after going through various posts on this site, you will be amazed at what you can achieve with RTI act 2005.Regarding private companies they dont fall under the jurisdiction of RTI act 2005.

Regards

-------------------

Unless we Dream we cant Achieve.

prabodhacharya

Hello! jps50,

Don't you know, the sec 2 (f) of the RTI Act. 2005 ? Under sec 2 (f) of the RTI Act. 2005, the public authorities are empowered to access the information from any of the private bodies coming under their jurisdiction.

You may follow the sec 2 (f) of the RTI Act. 2005 meticulously.

sandeepbaheti

Prabodh,

It will be better for you to acquaint yourself with the various sections of the RTI Act and their implications before making untenable arguments with senior members.

Public authorities can provide information related to private bodies only if such information is accessible to them under any law. A useful link has already been given by our member jps50 in his post # 4

• Super Moderator
ganpat1956
Whether or not, any information regarding any private body can be available through the intervention of this forum? :confused:

Prabodh, you cannot get any information on private entities through the intervention of this forum. The purpose of this portal is only to guide members and visitors, not to intervene to obtain info.

samarmishra

Hi,

I just want to know that is this Right to Information is applicable for the Private Sector Companies also or it is only applicable for the Government Offices and Officers.

• 1 month later...

As far as The Service- Conditions / Service Rules / Conditions / Contracts of Employment of a Company is concerned, it is a Legal / Public Document, which a Company (either Private/Govt.) must possess as per the Government Rules & Regulations & various Labour Laws, from the very incorporation of the Company and should be supplied to each and every employee of a Company, after recruitment, for the ready reference and guidance for all purposes of the employees, so that, the employees would not be in dark to be answerable, when the same will be questioned by the management at any time to safe-guard the interests of the employees as regards to the “Right to Information” to upkeep the transparency in the functioning of the organization.

Moreover, “Under the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act. 1946, the employers are required to define with sufficient precision the conditions/Contracts of employment under them and to make such conditions known to workmen employed by them. Where the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act. 1946 is not applicable, Service Rules may be got prepared.

Thanks to all of you, who are requiring the same.

pqrs.

Hi,

I just want to know that is this Right to Information is applicable for the Private Sector Companies also or it is only applicable for the Government Offices and Officers.

Hi! samar,

I think Right to information is applicable for the Private Sector Companies under Section 2(f) of the Right to Information Act. 2005, (Please, go through in detail) through which, the Public Authorities may be empowered to obtain any information which is beneficial for the public and also for the employees who are undergoing and suffuring from serious harassments by such Private Sector Companies.

It is my advise to you, to follow the necessary procedures of law of Right to Information and to contact the appropriate forums regarding, seeking any of the informations from any of such Private Sector Companies.

V C Vinod

Althought private companies are not covered under RTI. We still can get information from various Govt, organisation with whom such information is available under various acts and laws applicable to such company.

Hi Vinod,

The Right to Information is a Right of every citizen of India and for this purpose the Law of Right to Information is codified to eradicate the corruption from our country.

In fact, the Public Authorities of the Central Govt. or the Concerned State Govts. are liable to provide the necessary information to a citizen, under Sec. 2(f) of the RTI Act. 2005, in case, the same is not provided (which is a legal obligation/legally bound to provide/trying to escape any obligation) by such Private Company/Entity/Body, to harass a common man that may be a citizen/a person/a public/an employee, only, in the name of Private, then such a Pvt. Company or Entity or Body can not escape from the law of the land, and it has to obey the social principles of a society in which it functions i.e. the Law of the nation and to follow the principles of natural justice and various laws, which is applicable to it and to a common man, because, the Right to Information is a Citizenship Right of every citizen of India.

Thank you...

pqrs.

• 1 month later...
rajesh.raj.singh

Does private companies like private banks, share trading companies, telephone/internet service providers come under scope of RTI?

I guess its not only me but there could be many people experiencing problem with getting required information from such companies, so wanted to check if there is any hope via RTI?

regards,

Raj!

• Super Moderator
ganpat1956

Rajesh, please go through the earlier posts here. BTW, I have merged your post and JPS's reply to this thread.

• 9 months later...
Vijay Kumar Manocha

What procedure we adop under rti act if medical doctor is not attend to patient or not provide proper treatment in govt. hospital. can we also apply same procedure to MBBS doctor which is in govt. job.

smbhappy

The private entities are not Public Authorities as per section 2(h) of the RTIA-2005. But they can be involved by involving the Public Authorities who Control them.

All Labour Laws are applicable on the Private entities. You can move to the Labour Court for redressal of your grievance. File a complaint with the labour inspector (care of the Labour Commissioner) by Speed Post. after a fortnight or so, file the RTI Application with the office of Labour Commissioner. While filing RTI Application detailing the problem being faced by you and quoted therein your all previous references of letter/telephone/personal visits to the office of the Labour Commissioner and ask for the following information (Please use all or some points as suited to you. Point No. 6-9 below are essential for quick and positive action):

01. Inform me the day to day action taken on my various requests made earlier (give date wise detail of your letters/visits/phone calls).

02. Inform me the time needed as per law to finalize the required action.

03. Inform me latest status of your request.

04. Provide me the certified copies of the File Notings relating to this matter.

05. Inform me reasons for the delay

06. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for taking action on your request.

07. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for causing delay on your request.

08. This application may also be treated as a Notice u/s 80 CPC and the action taken thereunder may also be inform to me in due course.

09. I have paid fee for the purpose. I am a consumer. The delay is a deficient service. Moreover I am being harassed. What compensation is proposed to paid to me. if Nothing, This may please be treated as a Notice under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.

10. Inform me the manner in which the PA is proposing to compensate you for the mental agony and deficient service.

11. Any other point on your mind (Think Hard).

Most probably your work will be done with a quick pace, which you would had never expected under normal circumstances.

You will find necessary help for filing the RTI Application by clicking the "RTI Guide" button at the top of this page.