Citizen's Report Card on implementation of RTI Act

sachdeva_sameer

sachdeva_sameer

Dear All,

Greetings on the Fourth Anniversary of RTI Act !

As some of you may be aware that as person committed to the cause of e-Governance I had been contributing my thoughts and ideas at various forums, especially through the discussion forum india-egov.

Off late I had been using the RTI Act extensively to gather information related to implementation of National e-Governance Plan.The purpose had been to monitor the NeGP from the citizens prospective and suggest course corrections where ever required.

In my quest for seeking information on the NeGP, I had an extensive experience / exposure to the implementation of the RTI Act in India. Therefore I thought to document my experiences and prepare a Citizens Report Card on implementation of RTI Act in India.The sixty page report card in its original format was over 20 MB and therefore could not be shared through the e-mail. The compressed file is not in the same formatted form as original, however it catches the complete content of the citizens report card. (I have uploaded the file on the website rtiindia.org; but i am not sure if it is already uploaded)

I request you to download the above report card and use it for your reference. I will be glad to share my first hand expereinces in any workshop / event on RTI Act as you may be organizing.

I also request you to kindly share the above Report Card with the CPIOs / officials who in your opinion will benefit from it. Looking forward to your inputs / reactions / criticism on the above report card.

Thanks and regards,

SameerSachdeva

Moderator Notes: Thread shifted from New Member Introduction

External links & mobile numbers removed in conformity with forum rules.