RTI for getting PPF details of wife

laserjet1000

Question

laserjet1000

Hi,

My wife who has filed for divorce is working in firm and is taking monthly maintenance even though she is earning. Now to get the details of the PF amount deducted form her salary can I ask the PF office to give her details. She is claming maintenance that she has left the job.

Rgds,

18 answers to this question

sunil.kumar101

RTI is meant for getting informations from govt. & informations leading to p'public intreset'. In your case, its totally personal. I'll go to recommand you to take help of a Private Spy & submitt actual facts vs statements submitted by you wife in the court.

regards

Sunil

• Super Moderator

Information of third party PF has been many times denied under Section 8(1)(j) and also upheld by the CIC.

There are only a few decisions where it has been allowed wherein the applicant proved that it was in public interest (I think one case was where the company was not depositing PF or had gone bankrupt)

• Moderators

You can file application with EPFO by explaining how you are interested in the information for court purpose. You can visit website epfindia.nic.in for rti application. You can also request the court to order your divorced wife to file an affidavit as to her employment status etc.if your advocate so advises.

snkmoorthy

laserjet 1000, trying to get information concerning another person would be rejected by the information authorities on the plea of 'want of public interest' . best thing is to try to get information from sympathetic coworkers in your wife's office.

• Super Moderator
laserjet 1000, trying to get information concerning another person would be rejected by the information authorities on the plea of 'want of public interest' . best thing is to try to get information from sympathetic coworkers in your wife's office.

snkmoorthy,

Please see my post #5 in this thread.

CIC has already allowed disclosure of PF details in similar case.

• Super Moderator

As reported by Ganesh Pandey in The Indian Express on 17 January 2008:

IndianExpress.com :: Ex-wife’s financial details can be sought:Info panel

Ex-wife’s financial details can be sought:Info panel

New Delhi, January 16: While contesting a claim for maintenace, one can seek the help of the RTI Act for disclosure of financial details of ex-wife. The Central Information Commission (CIC) has held that in a matter where financial interests of a person is being affected, information which is otherwise protected should be disclosed in larger public interest.

Information Commissioner M M Ansari in a recent case said without disclosure of financial details of ex-wife, it would not be possible for the parties to arrive at a reasonable amount of maintenance to be paid, thereby adversely affecting financial interest of one party.

The Commission’s order came on an appeal of Ashish Kumar Tiwari of Hoshangabad, who had sought from Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) details of Provident Fund account of his ex-wife. The EPFO had refused to furnish the information on the ground such details are exempted from disclosure under Section 8(1)(e) and (j) of the RTI Act .

laserjet1000

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for this information. You have saved me form a long time problem that was affecting me on how to resolve this issue. The only other way was to pay a hefty amount to detective agencies and thier letter would not be sufficient in court.

Regards,

laserjet1000,

I came across a recent decision (10th January 2008) of the CIC in a case very similar to your case.

Disclosure of PF account has been allowed.

Please see:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_10012008_04.pdf

• Super Moderator
karira

Please thank RTI Act 2005 !

Please encourage others also to use it...your family, friends, neighbours, colleagues, etc.

It will help them too.

Prithviraju

Hi,

My wife who has filed for divorce is working in firm and is taking monthly maintenance even though she is earning. Now to get the details of the PF amount deducted form her salary can I ask the PF office to give her details. She is claming maintenance that she is not working, but she is working in HTMT Global Solution, Mysore (PF maintained in Bangalore PF Office) as a customer care executive, how to get the details, i dont have her PF no., please help me

Rgds,

Your intention is to get your wives Employment details. I assume you know where your wife works. If not you can take help of a spy but that information alone is not sufficient. In your ongoing maintenance case request for witness summons from court with request to her employer to provide her joining date, salary details since then and other employment records.

mageshemails

Can someone please tell me to whom I need to send RTI to know the ITR details of wife. I know the PAN number. I am in Chennai.

Prasad GLN

"Can someone please tell me to whom I need to send RTI to know the ITR details of wife. I know the PAN number. I am in Chennai."

You have to collect the ITR details from her. You can never get such details from ITO, as such details are treated as personal information of a third party.. under RTI.

As per Delhi HC judgment, you have to file petition before the Court, and pray for their orders for production of such returns by ITO.

This is the present position, after Delhi HC over ruled CIC decision.

Edited by G.L.N. Prasad