The rti act

rajivpathak

rajivpathak

The rti act promulgated by the govt of india is a blessing.but the PIO in government offices thinks otherwise.they think that not giving any clear information sought by the applicant on any related subject is totally ignored by the concerned government department.the PIO responsible for replying to the rti applicantions thinks that the information is being supplied from his personal poket and the government of india documents are his fathers property.in this connection the cic should instruct the govt of india departments to kindly follow the rule of law laid down by the govt in the matter and any official not following the act should be properly punished.in this connection i have also undergone a very bad experience where the office of the controller general of india,ministry of finance,lok nayak bhawan,khan market,new delhi has all along been reluctant to divulge or give any clear cut information in the matter which i have sought from them.any reply given has been so drafted which does not clearly give the information sought in the matter,as the replies are very cleverly drafted and not in any way own any departmental responsibility.what the cic is doing in these matters is yet to be known.

Thanks.

Rajiv pathak

vikrambakshi67

Sir

The best solution is lodge another RTI seeking how the PIO progressed the RTI

when did he got it, how he went about it and which offical he sought help etc.

I have lodged RTI on this aspect also.

rajivpathak

Hello vikram,

I am a firm believer in the RTI Act.However, every time we send a submission under the RTI act, the concerned authorities have ample time in replying to our queries.However, the concerned authorities do not make efforts in this direction,on the other hand they put their best efforts in not giving a proper reply as per the question raised in the matter.The matter goes on for a long time without any fruitful result.So the CIC should take strict steps and issue instructions to the Government departments to urgently give replies and that to very clerly.A comprehensive report of each RTI application every month for each department should be published on the official website of the departments concerned ,so that the public is made aware about the questions asked and the replies intimated/communicated in the individual submissions by the respective individuals concerned.I hope the CIC will look into the matter urgently.Even the PM in his 15 th August speech has referred to the RTI Act and had advocated his positive concerns about it.

Thanks

RAJIV PATHAK

vikrambakshi67

There is a Commission’s forthcoming Annual Convention - 2009 seminar. It is going to be held on October 12, 2009.

Can we as citizen attend it and speak out our views

dillip kumar mohapatra

I also agree with you . The pio and FAA are knowingly replying late to harass the applicant.There were nobody to see.

rajivpathak

Hello Vikram ji

As a citizen of this country I think the people should be allowed to air their views regarding the applications of the RTI act in one`s day to day life.There have been cases where a person writing a letter to aconcerned office awaits for a reply for endless quantum of months or rather years and still he is unable to receive even a single acknowledge from that office.However,the RTI Act has given hope of at least a rely within a month or so,even though it may not be upto the mark.But this process also takes a long time,if any one has to send more than one set of RTI submissions.So this endless wait does have a demoralising effect on the RTI user.The CIC should take special note of the fact that any representation or submissions should be duely acknowledged by the concerned department within a week of its receipt,assuring the concerned user that a reply to application would sent to him shortly,within a month of its receipt.

Thanks

RAJIV PATHAK