dnsojitra

Housing Loan by Nationalised Bank

Question

dnsojitra

How to get information regarding housing loan sanctioned by a particular branch of a nationalised bank during specified period? Name & Address of the property valuer ? Address of the borrower ? Amount of Loan Sanctioned?

1 answer to this question

jps50

Pl file RTI application with CPIO of the concerned bank by referring to:

Effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Central Govt appln:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

Personal information of the borrowers e.g name address will not be covered by RTI, unless U can prove larger public interest [like scam, corruption etc].

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• sidmis
      By sidmis
      Loan info: RTI at co-owner's disposal
      As reported in the Times of India, 12 Aug 2008, TNN

AHMEDABAD: The Central Information Commission (CIC) has held that a co-owner of land on which loan has been granted by the bank is entitled to have the information about the loan under Right to Information (RTI) Act.

Mukhatyarali Kuereshi of Fatehpura in Vadodara sought information under RTI from the general manager and the central public information officer (CPIO) of State Bank of India's (SBI) local head office in Bhadra. Kuereshi wanted to know information about a loan taken from SBI, the name of the person who availed of the loan, the amount of loan taken and the outstandings.

He also wanted the name of co-owners of the land who had given their no objection consent on granting of the loan as also names of the guarantors of the loan account and whether they too had availed of loan facility from the branch.

The CPIO denied the information but the appellate authority directed the CPIO to seek consent of the other co-owners as third parties and incase they agree then to furnish the information. Notices were issued to all nine co-owners and as one of them objected to disclosure, information was denied to Kuereshi.

CIC ruled that except the information regarding whether the guarantors had availed any loan facility, as Kuereshi was a co-owner of the land on which loan had been granted, all other information had to be given within 15 days and disposed off the appeal.

Loan info: RTI at co-owner's disposal-Ahmedabad-Cities-The Times of India
    • Raghavendra
      By Raghavendra
      Hello everybody,

I had filed an application with the Indian Overseas Branch in Bannur Branch, Mysore district, Karnataka State, seeking to get the loan details(liabalities) of the municipal councilor and her husband has with that bank as I want to tally with the nomination they had filed.

The bank has replied me back saying that "since they don't see any valid reason in giving the details they can't provide the same" and have told me to contact the Chennai head office for further appeal.

Can I get the information which I had asked and the way I have to go now?

Thanks
      Raghavendra

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy