Querry on Property rights?

vilrod3

Question

I do have a question about the property right. Before that I would like to state the foll. Facts:

• The property was passed on to my mother by my grandfather (My Mother’s Dad) as a Gift. I recollect my Mom used to get a notice for Gift tax..
  • This property belonged to my great grandfather that was received as a inheritance by my Grandfather.
  • My Mother has 2 children (Son - My Brother & Daughter - Myself).
  • She wants to pass on the property to me for foll. Reasons:
    • My brother does not look after my Mother nor does he provide. Whereas I do provide for her expenses.
    • My Brother was educated (Engineering capitation fee as well as fees) by selling my fathers property (1 acre) whereas I was not. Altho’ Mom has no physical evidence of paying his fees etc….
    • Also, my brother took from my Mom Rs. 50,000 in 1990 for a business and lost all money. My Mother paid it in cash; hence no physical evidence is there.

[*]My Mom has done a settlement deed in my name for the above property wherein she has mentioned that he does not look after and has been educated by selling off Fathers property.

[*]Our religion is Christianity.

Want to know the foll.

- Can my brother contest for the right?

- If so, is there a way that the entire property can be made in my name without my brother having legal right over it as this is my Mothers wish.

1 answer to this question

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Vilma

Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information

This portal is meant for discussion regarding the Right To Information Act 2005 (RTI Act 2005).

For help in other matters not related to RTI, please visit the sister website: Big Helpers Community - Community Social Help to Indian Netizens

regards