EMS Held by Mumbai Customs

shubhal

Question

Hi,

1 packet contain 3 Pc. of spectacle frames from China, for personal use, EMS No. EE003555993CN, this is the tracking result, what to do?

Your item was handed over to Customs(REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR) at 2009-09-24 14:20:00

Timing Site Status

2009-09-19 17:24:00 BEIJING Posting

2009-09-19 18:04:00 jiuxianqiaofengongsi Despatch from Sorting Center

2009-09-20 15:50:52 BEIJING Arrival at Sorting Center

2009-09-20 20:15:10 BEIJING Despatch from Sorting Center

2009-09-20 20:53:18 BEIJING Arrival at Sorting Center

2009-09-21 04:16:59 BEIJING Despatch from Sorting Center

2009-09-24 09:13:00 REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR Arrival at Sorting Center

2009-09-24 14:20:00 REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR Handed over to Customs

I do not understand what to do now, can somebody pleae help me

9 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
karira

Please refer to some of the threads listed under the title "similar threads" at the bottom of this page.

mottled_services

Courier Consignment Number by EMS: EE129096538CN

NAME: NIRANJAN D YADAV

Your item was handed over to Customs(REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR) at 2009-10-18 13:40:00

Timing Site Status

2009-10-11 17:00:00 HEFEI Posting

2009-10-11 20:10:28 HEFEI Arrival at Sorting Center

2009-10-11 20:38:52 HEFEI Despatch from Sorting Center

2009-10-13 23:11:50 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center

2009-10-14 02:01:00 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center

2009-10-18 12:51:00 REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR Arrival at Sorting Center

2009-10-18 13:40:00 REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR Handed over to Customs

WHERE IS MY PARCEL....? I HAVE PAID ALL THE MONEY TO THE SENDER !!! AND I EVEN DIDNT GET A CALL FROM CUSTOMS DEPARTMENT REGARDING MY PARCEL !!!!!!!!!!!!1

PLZ LET ME KNOW...CALL ME AT +91 97xxxxxx

Hey NIRANJAN D YADAV

I just checked your parcel tracking number and its showing released from customs,please do let me know when you get the package and if you have to pay for any customs fees and its being delivered to your house or you have to pick it up.

Regards

Who just deleted my other post?It is not true that the moderator is not helping much but just keep saying things that are so obvious such as "please refer to similar posts"???HOPE LESS FORUM, HOPELESS MODERATORS TALKING ALL CRAPS.BAN ME ALL YOU WANT

LOl, criticize and pointing out how useless this forum and the moderators is listed as impolite language???????? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

First answer from karira is please refer to similar threads and the other answer is please refer to post #2 of karira ????????????????Totally ridiculous go check it out yourself what is there in similar threads then start directing people.Instead of leading people to no where with giving reference why dont you guys actually think of answer???????????or is that you dont know but trying to keep your ego up?

• Super Moderator

Max,

Did you care to read the home page of this portal ?

Just to refresh your memory, it says:

Welcome to the RTI India: The complete Online Portal for Right to Information in India.

Right to Information has an important economic dimension, as it embraces not only political freedom but also the freedom to lead a life with dignity, unfettered by domination and discrimination.

Our aim is to provide authentic and analytical help regarding Right to Information in India to Officers, Lawyers, Citizens, RTI Activist, Associations, & NGO's. Our strength is in bringing them all at one platform.

Do you see anything about EMS Speed Post or parcels from China being stuck up at Customs, there ?

In spite of reading that (if you cared to read it in the first place) you went ahead and made a post about EMS Speed Post on a portal which is totally unrelated. Now don't go on procrastinating about this section being called the "chit chat" section and posting here about all kinds of subjects. "Chit Chat" on a portal like this does not mean that we discuss EMS and other sundry things like spectacles, etc !

None of the posts in this thread have anything remotely top do with RTI and neither is RTI mentioned anywhere.

You also read the forum rules before signing up. If you haven't read them, it will be a good idea to read them NOW: RTI India - Forum Rules

Why did you ever tick that before signing up when you did not ever care to read it in the first place ?

This thread stands closed so that me and the other moderators/community builders of this portal can dedicate quality time to the main purpose of this forum - RTI Act 2005

NOTE: Yes, I know ! Take a train from Pune to CST/Dadar. Take a slow local to Borivili/Andheri and get down at Vile Parle station. Walk to the Santa Cruz Airport. When you face the terminal building, you will find a building on your left hand side. That is the Airport Sorting office. Look for a small teashop on the second gate of the sorting office. Walk into the corridor next to the teashop. Climb to the First Floor of the annexe to the sorting office. You will find a Customs Appraiser sitting there. Meet him with your EMS Number and get the Parcel released by paying the appropriate duty, if any.

Now that you have been impolite and impertinent, I will not tell you the Name of the present Appraiser, nor the office telephone number and neither the mobile number of the appraiser that I happen to have with me. You can go fly a kite - with or without your Chinese Spectacles !

Hi,

My shipment number EV120223185SG has been detained at customs Mumbai. I do not know what the next step should be. Please help me!

Some comments from Karira would help a lot.

I was literally amazed by this very old post :

Max,

Did you care to read the home page of this portal ?

Just to refresh your memory, it says:

Welcome to the RTI India: The complete Online Portal for Right to Information in India.

Right to Information has an important economic dimension, as it embraces not only political freedom but also the freedom to lead a life with dignity, unfettered by domination and discrimination.

Our aim is to provide authentic and analytical help regarding Right to Information in India to Officers, Lawyers, Citizens, RTI Activist, Associations, & NGO's. Our strength is in bringing them all at one platform.

Do you see anything about EMS Speed Post or parcels from China being stuck up at Customs, there ?

In spite of reading that (if you cared to read it in the first place) you went ahead and made a post about EMS Speed Post on a portal which is totally unrelated. Now don't go on procrastinating about this section being called the "chit chat" section and posting here about all kinds of subjects. "Chit Chat" on a portal like this does not mean that we discuss EMS and other sundry things like spectacles, etc !

None of the posts in this thread have anything remotely top do with RTI and neither is RTI mentioned anywhere.

You also read the forum rules before signing up. If you haven't read them, it will be a good idea to read them NOW: RTI India - Forum Rules

Why did you ever tick that before signing up when you did not ever care to read it in the first place ?

This thread stands closed so that me and the other moderators/community builders of this portal can dedicate quality time to the main purpose of this forum - RTI Act 2005

NOTE: Yes, I know ! Take a train from Pune to CST/Dadar. Take a slow local to Borivili/Andheri and get down at Vile Parle station. Walk to the Santa Cruz Airport. When you face the terminal building, you will find a building on your left hand side. That is the Airport Sorting office. Look for a small teashop on the second gate of the sorting office. Walk into the corridor next to the teashop. Climb to the First Floor of the annexe to the sorting office. You will find a Customs Appraiser sitting there. Meet him with your EMS Number and get the Parcel released by paying the appropriate duty, if any.

Now that you have been impolite and impertinent, I will not tell you the Name of the present Appraiser, nor the office telephone number and neither the mobile number of the appraiser that I happen to have with me. You can go fly a kite - with or without your Chinese Spectacles !