Voter id

MONISA GHOSH

Question

MONISA GHOSH

Sir,

actually i want to registered myself for voter id. I am staying in kolkata about 13 years after marriage. Before that i was in jadugoda mines, jharkhand with my parents but my name was not included in the voter list not in jharkhand nor in kolkata. Regarding this i am facing trouble. Pls help me out.where and how i shall apply for voter id and what are the steps.

Thanking you,

yours faithfully

monisa ghosh

(Posting of mob. no. is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)

13 answers to this question

mrs.manjiri

Hi I'm manjiri,

i've registered for the Voter ID but not yet received the VOter ID card

where can i get the information or where to collect the Voter ID card from.

This is the main reason i've come to this site also.

Plz give the info if anybody knows it. I stay in Pune.

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Manjiri

You can file RTI application with O/O District Election Officer/ District Magistrate to check the status of ur voter ID. Your RTI application will be addressed to Public Information officer & has to be as per RTI rules & fee in your state.

Please see this thread (Post #2 by Sri Atul) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/10566-voting-id.html#2

For detailed information on how to draft and file an RTI application, please see the All About RTI links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

Please feel free to revert if you have further doubts.

regards

my name is in the electoral poll for the past five years,

till now i didn't recweive the voters id, i enquire in the taluk office in my district. they didn't give a proper reply for that. Please help me to get it

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Kanthimani

Please read this (full) thread. U can file RTI application for this info. Your RTI application will be as per TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - RTI Guide

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

rajyadav017

dear kanthi

That is why RTI act is there , File a RTI application With District election officer regarding your voter id, If u donot get the reply than approach the applallete authority in state election commission,than the state info commission if do not receive the satisfactory reply.

Thank u

ashish_nair

Hi,

My wife submitted her voter ID Application using Online Form 6 Submission only link on Chief Electoral Officer website.

We got the response "Thank you for your Registration". Your Application id is :54655

The application was submitted on 12/08/2010 and till date the status on the portal says "Your Application is yet to be verified".

No-one ever contacted us on phone or visited the premises for verification. During submission it was mentioned that someone will visit for verification but it hasn't happened till now. This was the second request submitted in last 11 months.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Ashish

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Member

U can file RTI application for status of your card. Please read this full thread for details.

regards