RTI application for checking road construction and repairing

apoorv_shah

Question

apoorv_shah

Hey,

I wanted to file an RTI application for knowing the reason why the roads near my home not resurfaced since the last 10 years. I stay in Naranpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. I have written an application letter but I don't know where to pay the fees. Also, I don't know where to send the application to and through what mode.

Can someone please help me ? Detailed replies regarding both the questions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Apoorv

RTI application.doc

13 answers to this question

• Super Moderator

In 3(a), please also ask for a certified copy of the inspection report of the inspoector.

5(a) and (b) should be combined.

In 13, ask for certified copies of rules and regulations under which action can be taken against the officers concerned.

Rest all is fine.

apoorv_shah

Thank you for your comments. I will make the changes. I would like it if you could answer the other two questions asked too.

Thanks. :)

triedeverything

What do we do if these roads are on a state highway. Who do we address such a letter to? The said highway is in Karnataka on the way from Mysore to Coorg, between Periyapatna and Siddapur.

• Super Moderator
karira
What do we do if these roads are on a state highway. Who do we address such a letter to? The said highway is in Karnataka on the way from Mysore to Coorg, between Periyapatna and Siddapur.

To the agency which maintains that road.

If it is a state highway, it will be PWD or Roads and Buildings.

If it is a National Highway, then it will be NHAI.

Most of the times the roads have a board indicating the name of the oublic authority which built it and responsible for maintenance.

triedeverything

I sent the RTI to the SPIO, Madikeri. However, yesterday, I got an intimation that the money order was not accepted and was returned! Please let me know what to do next?

Prasad GLN

`RTI fee has to be paid as per state rules and regulations. Even when MO is also equal to cash PIOs are not accepting them. Please send Adhesive Court fee stamp or Indian Postal Order fvg., Accounts officer and enclose copy of earlier RTI Application with a remark that RTI fee is being paid in approved manner as money order was rejected and requesting for expediting information treating this copy as fresh RTI Application. (fee and your copy should be together)

Please check your state RTI Rules and regulations on fee payment and keep sufficient stock of stamps or IPOS for further use.

triedeverything
`RTI fee has to be paid as per state rules and regulations. Even when MO is also equal to cash PIOs are not accepting them. Please send Adhesive Court fee stamp or Indian Postal Order fvg., Accounts officer and enclose copy of earlier RTI Application with a remark that RTI fee is being paid in approved manner as money order was rejected and requesting for expediting information treating this copy as fresh RTI Application. (fee and your copy should be together)

Please check your state RTI Rules and regulations on fee payment and keep sufficient stock of stamps or IPOS for further use.

Sir, Thank you for the answer. How will I know why they refused to accept the RTI? Shouldn't they have to give a reason? There was no reason. The reason was 'other' in the acknowledgement I received.

Also, where can I find the rules for Karnataka? Your help is much appreciated.

Prasad GLN

You can get every thing in the forum in RTI Guide - Karnataka.

Fee has to be remitted as per RTI Rules and regulations framed by State Govt. As this form of RTI fee payment money order through MO is stated in RR, PIO/AO refused.

Focus on what should be done now, and please file copy of RTI and fee as expeditiously as possible through Regd., post.

• Super Moderator
karira

Also, where can I find the rules for Karnataka? Your help is much appreciated.

The RTI Rules for Centre and other States are available here:

Guide

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

For Central Govt public authorities it is CPIO - Central Public Information Officer

For State Govt public authorities it is SPIO - State Public Information Officer.

For mode of payment of Application Fee and further fee, please refer to Central as well as various state RTI Rules and Fees in this links:

CENTRAL / STATE RTI RULES - GUIDE

For various time limits on RTI, please refer to : RTI TIME SCHEDULE