Need Help:RTI Application by post

Ajit Borade

Question

Ajit Borade

Dear All,

1) I am running an NGO and I have applied for 12A and 80G registrations to Income Tax office at Aurangabad, Maharashtra. I have applied for this, some 10 months ago and i did not get any clear communication from the IT office. As because I stay in Pune, I can not visit their office personally. I keep calling them on office numbers and they always give round about answers. Now I want to file an RTI application to that office, but it is difficult for me to go to Aurangabad. So I need some guidance upon how can I file my application by post. How will it reach to the respective Central Public Information officer and how can I get the receipt etc.

Please elaborate upon the exact procedure.

2) I want to get reply to my RTI application only in English. Is there any clause in RTI act which can support this request.

3) I'll prefer the reply in the form of a CD rather than the papers, can I ask for it ?

Thanks

-Ajit

1 answer to this question

• Super Moderator

Your RTI application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre. These are available in the Guide segment of the portal: RTI Guide

For how to submit a RTI Application, please see: How to submit a RTI Application - RTI Guide

You can state in your RTI application that the information should be supplied to you in English Language. If it is available in that language, it will be supplied. If it is not available in the language, then the PIO will not translate it for you.

Information will be provided on a CD if it is available in soft copy form.

The following blog by our member jps50 will be of help to you:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html