If Jains under OBC?

Aarshay

Question

Dear Sir,

I am Jain, studying in 12th standard and going to appear for IIT-JEE 2010 and AIEEE 2010.

I wanted to ask you sir whether Jains are covered under OBC category for the above entrance examinations.

If yes, how many percentage of seats are reserved and what documentation is required?

Regards,

Aarshay Jain

12 answers to this question

• Moderators

To my information Maharashtra govt has notified jains as minority community. As to central and other states I do not know.

rokadesim

whether jains are consider as minority community under the section 2 © of the national commission for minorities Act, 1972 or under any other section of any other national commision or any GR

• Moderators
jps50

In Maharashtra, State govt has notified Jains as minority community. Please search website of Maharashtra govt for notification.

The Jain Community is listed in few States one of them is Maharashtra. The List is not yet be updated by the Central Govt. / NCBC and hence there is no reservation if some one is seeking the reservation in the Central Govt. Organisations / Institutes.

CHARUDATTA SHAH

i wants to know in Maharahtsa - jain are nominated as minority or not if yes pl know me the under which GR or any reference circular are there?

nirupamashah

I m leaving in chattisgarh and i m JAIN.. I want to know does jain comes in obc/ minority and if i have to apply for any post from where should i get the certificate...

• Moderators

You may file RTI with PIO of Social Welfare Dept, Raipur of State Govt seeking

1.Certified photocopy of notification/GR through which State has included Jains as minority community or OBC.

2.Name, address of the authority which can issue certificate to a citizen being in minority community or OBC community.

3. Detailed procedure prescribed for Jains to obtain certificate of being in minority community or OBC.

Please refer:

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Chhattisgarh State Information Commission, Raipur | छत्तीसगढ़ राज्य सूचना आयोग

NO STATE APPLN FORMAT:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/331-how-apply-if-format-not-prescribed-state-rti-rules.html