rtiindia.org in the news

2. The site is strong, relevant, active and useful irrespective of the numbers. It is the dedication, compassion, knowledge and the fighting spirit of about 20 active individuals espousing the cause of RTI, and the vision of the Dreamers and their kushal chief that give the site its strength.

Exactly! Very true.

slchowdhary

"A brainchild of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, the RTI really flowed from the work of activists such as Aruna Roy who campaigned for the right to get muster roll data for various anti-poverty programmes"

How A brainchild of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi flowed from the work of activists such as Aruna Roy who campaigned for the right to get muster roll data for various anti-poverty programmes?

I think entire credit should go to Aruna Roy and her team. If I am not wrong, there was already some RTI act in Rajasthan before RTI 2005

I will suugest let us stop blessing one or other political leaders. The would never use the RTI act due to their posttions in the Indian society.

Let us come with the ideas on how to make this site more usefull for the RTI user. One way is let us create the posting of the Public Information Officers' contact information from the key goverment offices on this web site.

• 2 weeks later...

every thing u have said is right but i think this forum is not for prasing to sonia gandhi.

Mr karira; i want to know that why u have put sonia ganadhi's name in this restpected forum ; please i need ur answer...

Can we give credit for RTI Act to Sonia Gandhi ?:D

• Super Moderator
ganpat1956

Pramod Mishra, perhaps you have failed to observe that Karira's first post is only an extract and from a news report in another media. Karira has not added any name on his own.

Just to ensure that no fresh controversy is generated on account of your last query in the previous post, this thread stands closed.