Question

mohanraob2000

Hi :)

I am Mohan I have lost my N-Series mobile i have given complaint in police station i was searching for lost mobile on net i have found this site.

Regards

B Mohan Rao.

Secunderabad.

• Answers 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• ambrish.p

• karira

• evdnath

• awsiya

Top Posters For This Question

Hello to everybody. I am new to this forum.

In todays newspaper, I read that police took action and recovered the lost mobile after the rti application was filed.

I too had lost a mobile in March, 09 and I was assured (falsely) by police that my mobile will be tracked and restored. But almost a year has passed and no action seems to have been taken by police.

I too would like to take help of this rti route to get status of action taken by police on my lost mobile.

Pl guide me to the steps to be taken to file the rti application.

Thanks,

Ajay

XXXX@YYYYYYY

AJAY BHAYANA,

Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" http://

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/rtiglossary/?do=showentry&item=RTI " links on the homepage &

RTI Guide section of the portal.

Regards.

• Super Moderator
same problem with me please help in recovering my cell phone

Arjun,

This is only a discussion portal on the RTI Act 2005.

No member here can help you recover the lost cellphone.

We can only guide you to use the RTI Act and lodge a FIR.

First File a Missing Mobile FIR with the local Police Station

If they refuse to file FIR, then follow steps suggested here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/28730-how-get-your-fir-lodged.html

In the FIR you have to mention your IMEI number.

Then let the Police do its job.

Please read:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/43968-man-uses-right-information-recover-stolen-phone.html

sandeep arora

dear sir

i have lodged an FIR regarding my lost cell phone on 11/4/2009 in prashant vihar police station they give back one photo copy of my application with the stamp of police station.but no fir was entered there till 22/4/2009.then i approached there again and requested them and then they issue me a computer generated FIR on 23/04/2009 with G.D.NO.36B.but till date i have not received any information.today i.e.29/1/2010 i have read an news in Hindustan times Delhi in which a person got his cell phone back within 45 days with the help of RTI. and i request you please guide me how will i proceed.

regards

sandeep

Manishkumarniec

hello everybody...

i m a new guy to join this community.

today read in ht about a man recovered his mobile phone. by filling rti application.

i too lost my mobile in the bus 10 days back.

how can i get my mobile phone back.

plz guide me...

i will be very much thankful. plz help.

:o

priyankabhatt

hello everone, i am a practicing advocate in delhi high court.On 23 Jan 2010, i lost my mobile phone NOKIA E-63 in rajauri garden (in bikanerwala sweet shop).I went to the police station in rajauri garden on Jan 24, 2010 to get FIR registered but the police officials did not bother about giving me NCR(Non cognizable report) or making the DDR(Daily diary report),they simply asked me to write down the application along with all the details of phone no, model and IMEI no and put a stamp on it of rajauri garden police station without mentioning any officers name.They laughingly said" madame kitne ka cell tha,?aap bade log hain naya mil jaega"..wat sort of callous attitude is this.I was taken aback to know the real picture of how our law and order system works.I felt it all the more, being from the same fraternity.

I read news today in Time of India, a person was succefful in tracing back his lost cell phone through RTI application.I am taking this step with a lot of hope.Can anyone please guide me as to how to go about it?I will be really grateful.

Dear Friends:

The related news item has appeared in the Hindustan Times (29.01.2010) Delhi edition. The news clipping is as below:

"Lost your mobile phone? If you've given up all hope of ever getting it back, here's a last-ditch idea that might just work -- filing a Right to Information (RTI) application.

Maneet Singh Bakshi lost his Motorola L-9 to a pickpocket at a roadside eatery in Rohini, west Delhi.

He went to the local police to get a first information report (FIR) registered but was laughed at. "The officers told me to buy another phone and forget about the one I had lost," the trader said.

Not willing to give up, he drafted an RTI application with his IMEI (a number unique to each cellphone and encrypted on it) and SIM details and submitted it to the office of the commissioner of police, Delhi. "I registered a complaint. It is a simple task to track down a phone with the IMEI, but the police officials refused to do it," Bakshi said.

Within 30 days, the police responded: "An FIR has been registered in Rohini police station. The IMEI number has been put on surveillance." Within a week of that, the police called with news that the phone had been recovered.

Bakshi got back his phone 45 days after he had lost it."

Friends this is the power and might of RTI that we all need to proactively use.

Thanks

Alex

Hii,

This is gaurav sood here, i wanted to know that whether i can file an application to know about my FIR status regarding lost of Mobile two year back.

best regards

Gaurav sood

rakshit_malhotra

SIR,

i am rakshit malhotra from delhi.

i lost my cell phone last year on 13th august 2009.I lodged an FIR on that very day but i did not get any response from the police what should i do to get my cell phone back??

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Gaurav & Rakshit

U can file RTI application for action taken report on your FIR. RTI application will be as per RTI rules in your state.

The RTI Rules and Fees for various States, Centre and High Courts are available in the Guide segment of the portal: RTI Guide

Please refer to the blog Any thing pending with Govt. (by JPS 50 Sir): http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html for a suggested format.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Dear sir

I have lost my mobile phone on 30/01/2010 with following details given below. Kindly help me in getting back or deactivate the set for use.

E-mail for communication: (Posting of mail ids is against Forum Rules -hence deleted)

I lodged an F.I.R in this reference in Panaki Thana and received duplicate sim for B.S.N.L.Company but Aircel did not give me the duplicate sim card however blocked the sim temporarly after getting the copy of F.I.R.

NOW i WANT TO KNOW HOW THE MOBILE CAN BE TRACED USING THE ABOVE INFORMATIONS ? AS IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR ME.

REPLY SOON

Thanking You, Your's truly

Prof. S.K.Srivastava

rahul_m_them

Sir,

I ve lost my mobile phn,and I log an FIR for that with the IMEI number,but they told me it is not possible to trace my mobile phone.So Sir is it possible to trace it after i log a complent in RTI.And please tell me the procedure for RTI.I will be very thakfull to you.

lovekesh.rakhra

Dear Mr. Pathak

my mobile of nokia company has been lost since model no.. nokia2700 classic

ImEi number : 354192035715348

Pl tel me what would be do to find my cell phone

rajyadav017

Lodge the fir with the police . police will put this mobile on survielance than only it can be traced or request the service provider if they can trace your mobile.

thank you

ashok.engg84

helo sir

i lost my mobile 4 month back & i lodged the police complain on same day but could not find any information about my phone. pls help me how can find my mobile?