sidmis

2 officials fined under RTI Act

sidmis

2 officials fined under RTI Act

AS Reported in Times of India, 21 Jun 2008, 0435 hrs IST,TNN

PATNA: The State Information Commission on Friday slapped a fine of Rs 250 per day effective from January 25 this year with the upper limit being Rs 25,000 on the block development officer (BDO) of Marona block in Supaul district. This would be in addition to the fine of Rs 6,000 slapped earlier on the erring BDO, the commission observed.

The BDO had failed to respond to the application of one Kartik Kamat, who had sought certain information from the official under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.

The commission fixed July 15 as the next date of hearing and directed the erring official to be present before it that day.

In a separate case of a similar nature, the commission slapped Rs 25,000 on the panchayat secretary of Basopatti panchayat of Madhubani district. One Ramuddar Paswan was the applicant in this case. The case would be taken up for hearing on July 15.

2 officials fined under RTI Act-Patna-Cities-The Times of India

paawan

Hi,

Please inform me that the penalties levied on the govt. officer is deposited by them where and in which account ?

To slap the officer without transperancy is really a good step

with regards

• Similar Content

• nk agarwal
      By nk agarwal
      In one of my recent 2nd Appeal, IC of a SIC imposed a "token" penalty of Rs 2500/-on PIO admitting a delay of more than 100 days; the IC was well aware of different judgements on Penalty by Hon'b'e Apex court and High Courts wherein it is clearly made out that the ICs have to take a decision on   either  penalty or no penalty  but, cannot change the prescribed the rate of penalty. 
      IS THIS NOT MAKING A JOKE OUT OF RTI ACT-2005 by SIC
      What is the solution before the Appellant now?
    • nk agarwal
      By nk agarwal
      State Information Commission ordered Penalty of Rs 15,000/- on PIO in the year 2009 with directions to PA for deductions.
      To my surprise, on enquiry from SIC office it is learnt that no penalty has been paid but, the PIO has submitted a letter of compliance.
      On repeatedly pursuing with SIC, I have been informed that perhaps, the PIO has filed an appeal with High Court and obtained stay order etc.
      My query is that - (1) Can the PIO/PA file an appeal/ challenge the SIC order without making the appellant a party in the appeal before the HC?
      (2) Can the PIO/PA file a compliance report to SIC and at the same time challenge its order in HC?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy