dear Mr shah

congrats for success but you must disclose the name of bank , no harm in it

it is useful for others as reference

anil nakra

alwar

rajasthan

• 3 weeks later...
abishiktaa

The Nationalized Banks advertise in daily newspapers as if they are the pioneers of social works of the country but what goes behind curtain is lethargy at work spot, arrogance with the customer and they feel as if they are feeding us. Congratulations in recovering Rs.5000/- :)

abishiktaa

The Natinalised banks advertise in daily news papers tries to project as if they are the pioneers of country's social service. But the truth behind the curtain is that the staff is lethargic at their work spot and are bad mannered behind their counters. I congratulate for the success in recovering Rs.5000/-. :)

Ketan Modi

Respected JP Sir,

Please direct your friend to file a case under Consumer Protection Act. May be he will get a proper compensation for the rest of the Rs.5000. Now that SBI has returned him Rs.5k, bank has admitted its crime. I am sure your friend can still give them trouble where it hurts most. Happy information seeking.

A leading public sector bank had recovered Rs.10000/- from account of my friend’s son towards various service charges while closing the account in Nov 2009. The bank did not respond to normal channels of redressal of complaint. At my guidance, RTI application was filed on 07-12-2009 followed by first appeal for no reply on 07-02-2010. On 05-03-2010 bank contacted him and requested him to collect refund of Rs.5000/- and withdraw RTI application and first appeal.

RTI does work.