2006 July 1089 509 283 1315
2006 August 1315 492 374 1433
2006 September 1433 486 324 1595
2006 October 1595 349 280 1664
2006 November 1664 513 293 1884
2006 December 1884 731 565 2050
2007 January 2050 608 297 2361

Officers and Friends,

I got the above figures from CIC. Every month opening balance is increasing more and more...

Why is this happening? What can be done to reverse this?

Please share your opinions in this thread.

Thanks.

Latha Ramesh

Hello all,

I am very sad that not even a single reply for this post.

Officers and friends, please share your opinions reg this.

If this topic is not worth discussing, even that can be posted atleast :)

ganpat1956

Hi Latha,

Don't feel too discouraged that your post has not been replied within a few days. The topic you have chosen requires an elaborate discussion.

The present system of RTI has just completed about a little more than a year in actual practice. Generally this is the period of evolution during which all teething problems will crop up. Various NGOs and other groups connected with RTI have already taken up the different facets of these evolutionary difficulties, including the ever accumulating backlog of cases, at the appropriate forums.More than anything else, it is the lack of will on the part of the government and politicians to bring in major changes immediately, as such changes are unlikely to further their cause of vote-bank politics.

For any concept like that of RTI to be successful in a democracy, there should be adequate participation by the general masses. With more and more citizens joining the RTI bandwagon, a day will come in the near future when the rulers will be forced to create sufficient infrastructure to ensure that justice through RTI is not delayed. Till then, let us work to create the right awareness and strengthen the movement.

I would also suggest you to go through some of the interesting discussions/articles that have appeared under RTI general discussions in our portal. The following threads, besides other interesting discussions, will give you a macro level idea of the various issues involved in RTI.

"few burning aspects of RTI", " A question of asking the question", "RTI Act — panacea or paper tiger? " , "Making best use of RTI to empower people--Rajkumar Siwach "

maneesh

Latha,

The number of cases shows the people are filling more RTI application and not satisfactorily replied. In order to dispose all such cases with dues process of law you require a large man power.

Over a time when the beaurocracy becomes more responsive it will reduce. Any new thing takes time to settle down and change mind set of people. It is wise to give time to change mind set of people which is there for more than 200 years.