Jump to content
  • 0

RTI on State Bank of India





My friend transferred Rs. 2000 into from his bank account ( State Bank of India) to my bank account ( State Bank of Patiala) through online banking. But he selected the wrong branch for my account.


Money was deducted from his account and I never received the money.


We have contacted Bank managers but they say that we are waiting for feedback from Mumbai.


I want to know Can I fill RTI for information related to this?


If yes , I would be very thankful if someone can help me.


Inderpreet Kang

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderators

Your friend should lodge written complaint with branch of SBI where he is having account. If nothing transpires in 15 days, he can file RTI application with branch manager who is designated as ACPIO under RTI Act 2005. Please refer:


Central Govt appln:






He can deposit filing fee of Rs.10/- in cash with the same branch, instead of enclosing postal order. Above format may be changed suitably.


He can also be guided by:


Bank problems:

How to address problems with banks? - Big Helpers Community


You have no locus standi for complaint or RTI

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy