How often do you want to receive SMS from RTI India ?

How often do you want to receive SMS's from RTI India  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you want to receive SMS's from RTI India

• Once a week
    • Once a day
    • Twice a day
    • Thrice a day
    • Any number of times there is useful news

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karira

• K.C.Suresh

• ajaychoudhary

• A.P.MISRA.

UdayPrabhu

Dear Dr. Kushal Pathak,

Sub: To receive SMS from RTI India on weekends evenings is IDEAL.

*** :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This is really useful on weekends if sent between 1730hrs to 1930hrs, because for every SMS that you arrange to send to me I personally ensure that I send it to at least more than 100 of our Citizens Group via my RELIANCE mobile.

Thus I believe, we can spread all important messages jointly to ALL with speed, accuracy & cost effectively in this manner & build a pipeline of educate & well informed RTI users continuously.

Please motivate your staff members accordingly & i am sure the results of their input will be very sisible over say next 2 to 5 years.

Best of Luck.

rsmurthy1951

First of all my profound thanks for the RTI SMS, which has immensely benefitted me. I definitely visit RTI India ORG site once in two days, if not daily. To refresh my memories once in a week will be sufficient.

Regards

R Sambamurthy

• Super Moderator
karira
Dear Dr. Kushal Pathak,

Sub: To receive SMS from RTI India on weekends evenings is IDEAL.

*** :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This is really useful on weekends if sent between 1730hrs to 1930hrs, because for every SMS that you arrange to send to me I personally ensure that I send it to at least more than 100 of our Citizens Group via my RELIANCE mobile.

Thus I believe, we can spread all important messages jointly to ALL with speed, accuracy & cost effectively in this manner & build a pipeline of educate & well informed RTI users continuously.

Please motivate your staff members accordingly & i am sure the results of their input will be very sisible over say next 2 to 5 years.

Best of Luck.

I do not think there is a facility for receiving stored sms only during a particulkar time period during a day of the week.

Maybe you could visit: http://tiny.cc/p6t5b

every now and then and get a list of sms that have been send and choose those to forward to your friends.

gurusundar
To gain knowledge, there is no limit....

Yes of-course, but SMS cannot give more knowledge. An SMS means Short message service, It can give you only the hint or an information only we have to visit the website and view the details and gain knowledge:)

jayantibhanu
How often do you want to receive SMS's from RTI India SMS Channel ?

RTI INDIA started RTI INDIA SMS channel to extend the reach of RTI beyond website and spread awareness about RTI. This service is free subscription based service and can be subscribed without the membership at rtiindia.org also.

Many users have come up with suggestions on number of SMS that they find it acceptable to receive in a day. We would like to inform that number of SMS and the timings of SMS is completely controlled by the subscribers themself. Here is how:

How many SMS can I receive per day?

By default, you will receive 10 messages each day. You can increase this limit, by going to the 'Settings' link and entering a number you are comfortable with against 'Maximum messages per day:'

Do Not Disturb (DND) feature

If you do not wish to receive SMS then send one of the following commands 'dndon' OR 'donotdisturb' OR 'nodisturb' to 9870807070

How do I subscribe to a channel?

To subscribe to a channel, click the 'Subscribe' button below the RTIINDIASMS description on the Browse channels page or on the Channels detail page. You can also click the 'Accept invitation' button below the channel description to subscribe to a channel that you've been invited to.

To subscribe using your phone, you will need to send the following SMS to 9870807070: ON RTIINDIASMS

You'll receive a confirmation message and the last message posted on the RTIINDIASMS to confirm your subscription.

I don't want to be spammed by a lot of messages during busy hours. How can I control the number of messages I receive? Can I specify when I receive the messages?

You can specify the maximum number of messages along with the time interval when you wish to receive them in a day. To specify these on the website, click the 'Settings' link.

To do so using your phone, SMS 'SET max start end " to 9870807070.

to be specified in hh:mm:am(or pm)format.

For example, to limit the number of messages to 5 per day and to only receive them between 10:00am and 6:00pm , send the following SMS to 9870807070:

SET MAX 5 START 10:00:am END 6:00:pm

If the number of messages posted across your subscribed channels exceeds the maximum limit, you'll receive an alert along with instructions to retrieve the extra messages, if you'd like.

Note: Operator-related fluctuations in delivery times of messages are beyond our control

How do I unsubscribe from a channel?

To unsubscribe from a channel, go to the 'My Channels' tab on the web front end. For the channel you'd like to unsubscribe from, simply click the 'Unsubscribe' button.

To unsubscribe using your phone, SMS 'OFF ', to 9870807070 where is the name of the channel.

For example, send the following SMS to 9870807070 to unsubscribe from RTIINDIASMS channel: OFF RTIINDIASMS

All SMS as and when some decisions generate with the link to download decisions.

I've registered to SMS Channels, but I receive too many messages per day. What do I do?

By default you should receive only 10 messages per day. You can change this setting by going to the Settings page. If you are receiving too many messages please check the settings and input the appropriate number of messages that you would like to receive per day.

However we still would like to know how much is the acceptability on numbers of SMS per day, because every SMS sent by us require efforts from our team.

So please vote in this thread to let us know!

All SMS as and when some decisions generate with the link to download decisions.