Should Universities and Boards disclose evaluated answer scripts  

379 members have voted

1. 1. Should Universities and Boards disclose evaluated answer scripts

• Not disclose to anyone
    • Only disclose to the student
    • Disclose to everyone

dr.s.malhotra

No , the things are not that hopeless .

Once the Board has refused the request , take the matter to High Court and then Supreme Court . If there is error apparent , it has to be corrected in these days of cut throat competition , this is natural justice .

Even de-barring an Examiner is not a bad outcome .

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RAVEENA_O

• sharmajee

• smbhappy

• Yogi M. P. Singh

De barring will mean not to give work of evaluation of answer sheets till public forgets. Should he not be de barred frrom taking classes even. Such cheaters don't deserve to be a Teacher........

Raj. high court has concurred with your views in its decision: http://digitalimages.bhaskar.com/epaperimages/12092012/Jpr447398298-large.jpg

एसआई भर्ती : उत्तर सही हों तो मैरिट लिस्ट बदलें

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD] एसआई भर्ती : उत्तर सही हों तो मैरिट लिस्ट बदलें

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]जयपुर त्न हाई कोर्ट ने पुलिस उप निरीक्षक (एसआई) भर्ती परीक्षा 2010 में 16 प्रश्नों के सही किए उत्तरों को गलत मानने के मामले में आरपीएससी को निर्देश दिया है कि वह 15 दिन में स्वतंत्र एक्सपर्ट कमेटी से इन उत्तरों की जांच करवाए। उत्तर सही पाए जाएं तो आरपीएससी मैरिट लिस्ट में संशोधन करे। प्रार्थी मैरिट में आए तो चयन प्रक्रिया में शामिल किया जाए। न्यायाधीश एम.एन.भंडारी ने यह अंतरिम आदेश सुनील मालाकार की याचिका पर दिया। अदालत ने प्रार्थी को कहा कि वह एक्सपर्ट कमेटी के समक्ष उत्तरों के सही होने के संबंध में पाठ्य सामग्री पेश करे। अधिवक्ता रामप्रताप सैनी ने बताया कि आरपीएससी ने एसआई के 395 पदों के लिए 25 मई 2011 को लिखित परीक्षा ली। फिजिकल टेस्ट के बाद मैरिट लिस्ट अपै्रल 2012 में जारी की। इसमें हिन्दी व सामान्य ज्ञान में प्रार्थी के 16 जवाबों को गलत माना, जबकि एनसीईआरटी व बोर्ड की किताबों में जवाब वे ही थे।

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

No , the things are not that hopeless .

Once the Board has refused the request , take the matter to High Court and then Supreme Court . If there is error apparent , it has to be corrected in these days of cut throat competition , this is natural justice .

Even de-barring an Examiner is not a bad outcome .

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble members-Our glorious educational institutions are losing its credibility because of its most of teachers are not impartial in evaluation of answer sheets of students. University staff is also indulged in this malpractice . In view of your friend answer sheet must be revealed to every one who is seeking so faith of common man may be restored in our institutions.

• 1 month later...
dipal patel

This all is very much true but what should I do now?

I still not get any reply from PIO and I have all proves that POI had received application. and I know that who is PIO.

Tell me for the further step as soon as possible.

Thank You

Dear if you havent got reply then the ball in in your ground. File first appeal to First apellate authority with exact grounds with your case and mentioned that PIO should be punish for this violation of RTI Act. You can refer my threads in which I fight long with University in rajasthan and last I won. Remember "First hey will laugh you, they will fight with you but at last you will won beleve me you will won.

See my threads in which I did hard work on all context. Good luck.

sharmajee

[h=2]Provide answer keys in govt recruitment exams, says HC[/h][h=4]TIMES NEWS NETWORK[/h]

Jodhpur: In a bid to ensure transparency in government recruitment exams, the Rajasthan high court has asked the authorities conducting exams to provide question paper and answer keys to candidates in future.

These can either be provided to the candidate in the form of a hard copy or a digital copy can be put up on the respective examination conducting agency’s website.

The court, in a ruling on October 25, gave these directions while disposing of a PIL filed by a city-based coaching institute ‘Utkarsh Classes’.

The division bench of Chief Justice Arun Kumar Mishra and Justice Sangeet Lodha also directed the agencies to supply the syllabus for the recruitment examination at the time of initiating the recruitment process.

Counsel of the petitioner, P S Bhati said that after admission of the petition, the court had issued notices to the chief secretary, RPSC, RBSE, Board of Revenue, secretary (panchayati raj) and Secretary (DoP).

“In pursuance of which, the RPSC and RBSE have exercised compliance of the notices but panchayati raj and Revenue Board have not yet expressed any interest in conceding to the court’s notice”, said petitioner Nirmal Gehlot.

Arguing in the court, Bhati had said that non-disclosure of the question paper, syllabus and answer keys by the exam conducting bodies tantamounts to denying transparency in the examinations.

“In the recently conducted examinations for Patwaris and III grade teachers, a number of discrepancies and errors had come up, which led to cancellation of the exam for Patwaris’ in all the 33 districts,” Bhati argued.

Article Window

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member-This is landmark judgement no doubt ,Duty of Hon'ble High Court of Rajsthan is not over till the compliance of its orders is ascertained . This is good news for whistle blowers cum RTI Activists. This can be considered as one major step towards the transparency.Thanks to Hon'ble Judges.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
aquaprin

Yes, I think the students should be given the right to see their evaluated answer sheets, so that they can evaluate their mistakes. By applying RTI we can see the answer sheets but why can't a rule be made to handover all the answer sheets of a student to that particular student?

• 2 months later...
sharmajee

Today I had a hearing on V.C. with IC Mr Rajeev Mathur.

My query was:

2. In view of the Hon’ble Supreme Court Decision in CIVIL APPEAL NO.6454 OF 2011 [Arising out of SLP [C] No.7526/2009] delivered on 09 August 2011, Please also allow me the inspection of evaluated above answer-books under Section 2(j)(i) and Section 2(j)(ii) read with the explanation to Section 4(4) and Section 18(3)(b) of the Right to Information Act 2005, as per provision of Section 7(6) of the act ibid. It is prayed that our request is acceded as expeditiously as possible as per section 7(1) of RTI Act.

PIO's reply was appellant should apply as per CBSE rule and modalities (notification dated 21.06.12), paying Rs 500, application to be made between 31st to 38th day ..........

IC agreed with him and ruled that if alternate remedy available than you can not ask it through RTI...

I contested that this rule (available on CBSE website) is to get photocopy while I want inspection, which was overruled.

• Super Moderator
karira

PIO's reply was appellant should apply as per CBSE rule and modalities (notification dated 21.06.12), paying Rs 500, application to be made between 31st to 38th day ..........

I contested that this rule (available on CBSE website) is to get photocopy while I want inspection, which was overruled.

You should have argued that the CBSE Rule was made after the RTI Act came into force and was not existing prior to that. Therefore CBSE should provide answer scripts as per RTI Rules and not their own rule.

Yogi M. P. Singh
Today I had a hearing on V.C. with IC Mr Rajeev Mathur.

IC agreed with him and ruled that if alternate remedy available than you can not ask it through RTI...

Hon'ble member-Information commissioner itself talking of alternate remedy while apex court itself accepted that the information is available- http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/yogi+m.+p.+singh/3056-under-r-t-i-act-citizen-entitled-get-access-those-information-p-can-seek-another-p.html HELD: Under s.6, an applicant is entitled to get only such information

which can be accessed by the "public authority" under any other law for the

time being in force If the information was available then why it was denied under R.T.I. Act 2005.

sharmajee

even section 22:

22. The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in the Official Secrets Act, 1923, and any other law for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.

was quoted by me.

Yogi M. P. Singh
even section 22:

22. The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in the Official Secrets Act, 1923, and any other law for the time being in force or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.

was quoted by me.

Hon'ble member-Yesterday I was thinking why had you not put light on aforesaid section. Whether information commissioner couldn't understand its meaning. Provisions of transparency act have been made teeth-less by members of panel itself.
  • 4 weeks later...
sharmajee

FINALLY DECISION OF IC RAJEEV MATHUR HAS ARRIVED IN MY CASE (CIC/RM/A/2012/001337).

He has quoted Delhi High Court Judgement dt 1.06.12, in the case of Registrar of Companies v/s Dharmendra Kumar Garg and said if departmental route is available to citizen, than one cannot press for using RTI route.

SO MORALE OF STORY:

If you need to inspect answer sheets, apply through universities mechanism, howsoever tedious it may be, how so ever costlier it may be, .......or approach high court by writ and get relief, which shall definitely cost more than universities cumbersome procedure will cost...

DECISION.pdf

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Assam SIC ruled that Answer Sheets must he supplied within time limit specified under RTI and the fee for answer sheet copy shall be as per RTI Rules.

SIC ASSAM : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/attachments/rti-general-discussions/10591d1394081621-assam-sic-decision-regarding-exam-answer-sheet-sic-assam-university-answer-script-order-pdf

Discussion thread: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/120872-assam-sic-decision-regarding-exam-answer-sheet-post297411.html#post297411

• 3 months later...
koteswararaonerella

This issue of reveleation of EVALUATED ANSWER SHEETS is very much needed.Recently one case has come to me where one of the official of BSNL appeared for JAO(Junior Accounts Officer) Exam and for a specific SUM RELATED QUESTION 20 marks are provided and he has rightly done as per key supplied and he was AWARDED BY EVALUATER ONLY 8 marks and for another man who did same sum in the same step by step fashion he was awarded 18 marks by the same evaluatwer. The first man FAILED WITH 3 MARKS SHORT when he approched the BSNL CGM they say as per Rules NO REVALUATION IS PERMITTED AND WHEN WE ARGUED THAT IT IS NOT REVALUATION AND CORRECTION OF MISTAKE WHICH WENT UNHEEDED and HE WAS ADVISED TO APPROCH cat.wE ARE YET TO SEE THE RESULT.

He has obtained the evaluated answer sheets under RTI only.