Should Universities and Boards disclose evaluated answer scripts  

379 members have voted

1. 1. Should Universities and Boards disclose evaluated answer scripts

• Not disclose to anyone
    • Only disclose to the student
    • Disclose to everyone

koteswararaonerella

That the tragedy as the errant PIOs try to avoid implementation under some plea and again the applicant has to knock the door of some forum CIC,COURT etc., to get the decision implemented.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RAVEENA_O

• sharmajee

• smbhappy

• Yogi M. P. Singh

Yogi M. P. Singh
That the tragedy as the errant PIOs try to avoid implementation under some plea and again the applicant has to knock the door of some forum CIC,COURT etc., to get the decision implemented.
Hon'ble member-Your continuous struggle as RTI activist, will provide you several surprising facts which will reveal real truth of public authority. Undoubtedly transparency act is golden act if implemented honestly, then corrupt public functionary will leave its post. Do you know that erring PIOs actually not punished in this country. In Mirzapur district in two financial years only two PIOs were punished but after four years Government functionary didn't recover imposed penalty from their salary still.
  • 3 months later...
sharmajee

I wish to invite attention of fellow members towards my post No.90 in this same thread, which shows same IC Mr Rajeev Mathur, whose revolutionary decision is mentioned in post No.99, denied me copies of answersheets........

Monday it is this and on another day law is interpreted by IC differently.......

Can anyone throw some light on this dichotomy...

Prasad GLN

Hon. Karira can find the difference and attributes to 'Chillies" used in breakfast by IC.

for me it appears repentance also.

But if the issue goes to HC, then only one can find correct stand of Hon IC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Prasad GLN

ICs are not Gods, and like all of us humans, they may not know each and every aspect in RTI. However presentation and citing of such judgments is a must during hearing or in written submissions in Appeal or after hearing.

If IC even then disagrees, one can complain to Hon. President for contempt of court (not mine, Hon JP Shah's opinion)

Yogi M. P. Singh
ICs are not Gods, and like all of us humans, they may not know each and every aspect in RTI. However presentation and citing of such judgments is a must during hearing or in written submissions in Appeal or after hearing.

Most of the I. Cs. come from Babudom who are habitual to withhold information. Consequently supports illegal stand of PIOs.
Prasad GLN

Shocking. Most of the members are against PIOS/Information Commissioners. At least some members appreciate PIOs and Information Commissioners, so that the portal can not be granted as Group of disgruntled elements as portal is originally catered to needs of PIOS and trained mostly by our experts.

Yogi M. P. Singh
Shocking. Most of the members are against PIOS/Information Commissioners.
Here we are criticising the working style of PIOs and information commissioners. Think about the precarious situation that after ten years of enforcement of this act ,no PIO comply the subsection (1) of section 7 of Right to Information Act 2005. One information commissioner directed me to made available the Hindi version of RTI Communique to various PIOs against whom complaint is pending since four years. Whether he has such jurisprudence in regard to information seeker.
  • 3 months later...
Prasad GLN

Now, we are trespassing from the path of thread.

In our student days, the class teacher used to select those best answers, read it aloud in open class and advised students to emulate such type. Likewise, if the answers are far from question, he used to state the same, asking the student to stand up and used to question him as to what was sought in question and reply. Now those days are gone. In many prestigious colleges, the cut off marks is 98%, and unless one raises to highest level, it is impossible to get a seat in such well known colleges, where mention the name of college itself brings a job without looking any of the other things.

On the other day, my mentor was telling me that one examiner who scored 34% in English was selected for one state PSC for testing skills of English language and communication for Group 1 interviews when I told him the marks scored by a state HC Judge in all his subjects in L.Lb.

Yogi M. P. Singh

Why University is not providing copy of answer sheet to the student? Either has no faith in the eligibility of examiner or played bad game in caucus with examiners. Two teachers of same university were indulged in unfair practice when they were subject expert in the chhattis garh P.C.S. exam.

An appeal under subsection 1 of section 19 of Right to Information Act 2005 .

21 July 2015

21:25

To

First appellate authority of

Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith

University Varanasi

Subject- Public Information Officer didn't furnish access to information as sought by your applicant under subsection 1 of section 6 of Right to Information Act 2005 through registered letter dated 11/06/2015 . Consequently he violated the subsection 1 of section 7 of Right to Information Act 2005. Please take action against the public information officer in accordance with the law as he took under teeth the provisions of Right to Information Act 2005. Also direct him to provide sought information as sought by your appellant through RTI Communique dated 11/06/2015 .

With due respect your applicant wants to draw the kind attention of the Hon'ble Sir to the following submissions as follows.

1-It is submitted before the Hon'ble Sir that Hon'ble Sir may be pleased to take a glance of RTI Communique dated 11/06/2015 .

An application under subsection 1 of section 6 of Right to

Information Act 2005.

To

Vice Chancellor

Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith

Varanasi (U.P. )

Prayer –Provide me sought information through your Public Information Officer within time as prescribed under subsection 1 of section 7 of Right to Information Act 2005.

Please direct PIO to made available following information.

1-Copy of My checked answer sheet of mathematics first paper (Algebra and Trigonometry)in which Total 37/65 was awarded to your applicant.

2-Copy of My checked answer sheet of mathematics second paper (Differential and Integral calculus)in which Total 34/65 was awarded to your applicant.

3-Copy of My checked answer sheet of mathematics Third paper (Coordinate Geometry and Vector calculus)in which Total 28/70 was awarded to your applicant.

4-Made available Action taken report on submitted grievance by your applicant as GOVUP/E/2015/01720.

Hon’ble Sir an Indian postal order of Rs.20 payable to account officer of M.G.K.V.P. University Varanasi as R.T.I. Fee. If Hon’ble Sir deems more fee required , then your applicant is ready to pay the legitimate demand

Date-11/06/2015 Your sincerely

Kishan Patel

Mohalla-Ranibag

Enclosures-I.P.O. 25G 141813 , Submitted grievance GOVUP/E/2015/01720 and copy of Marks sheet downloaded from internet.

2-It is submitted before the Hon'ble Sir that when the apex court has ordered that copy of answer sheets can be sought under transparency act , then why public information officer of MGKVP University is procrastination on RTI Communique of your appellant.

3-It is submitted before the Hon'ble Sir whether such act of PIO is not lowering the dignity of University in the eye of public.

This is humble request of your applicant to you Hon'ble Sir that It can never be justified to overlook the rights of citizenry by delivering services in arbitrary manner by floating all set up norms. This is sheer mismanagement which is encouraging wrongdoers to reap benefit of loopholes in system and depriving poor citizens from right to justice. Therefore it is need of hour to take concrete steps in order to curb grown anarchy in the system. For this your applicant shall ever pray you Hon'ble Sir.

'Yours sincerely

Kishan Patel

Mohalla-Ranibag

Sent from Windows Mail

Edited by RAVEENA_O
  • 2 weeks later...
rameshverma

Hon'ble Members

The question whether certified copies of the evaluated answer sheets ought to be supplied to the candidate or inspection thereof is to be permitted is pending before the Supreme Court in SLP (Civil) No. 33761/2012 (converted to Civil Appeal No. 5924/2013) which was preferred against the judgment dated 7.6.2012 passed by Kerala High Court in case of T. R. Rajesh Vs Joint Directors and Central Public Information Officer, Union Public Service Commission (W.P. © No. 37734/2010). The HC observed and disposed of the petition as below:-

“3. Heard learned counsel appearing for the respondents who submitted that actually the petitioner had demanded information regarding three matters: (a) marklist; (b) details of the valuers; and © information regarding evaluated answer book. It is submitted that the objection stated by the respondents are really valid in the light of the provisions of the Act.

4. ------Going by the above decision, once the answer book is evaluated by an examiner, it becomes a record containing his opinion and consequently it will be an information under the Act.

5. In that view of the matter, the petitioner is entitled to succeed in that respect and the writ petition is allowed to that extent. There will be a direction to the competent authority of the Union Public Service Commission to provide facility to the petitioner to verify the valued answer papers and appropriate communication will be issued in this regard to the petitioner within a period of four weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. The petitioner will be informed about the venue as well as the time of inspection sufficiently in advance. No costs.”

The issue is still at large and final word from the Apex Court is awaited. As far as my knowledge goes, it is being heard by Three Judges Bench apparently because previous decision on CBSE Case is by Two Judge Bench.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Apparently there is no stay on the law laid down by the Apex Court in CBSE's case. Therefore, till such time the larger bench of Apex Court decides the pending litigation, the tenet in CBSE's case shall be in force.

rameshverma

Exactly that is why I have refrained from saying anything on the issue as the discussion centres around CBSE case which is a binding precedent as of now.