Careless Attitude of handling RTI applications in District Educational Office,Rangareddy District,Andhra Pradesh

amin4go

Hi All,

I had given an RTI application to PIO of District Educational Office,Rangareddy District,Andhra Pradesh 40 days back.Till now i had got the information.So I had personally visited the office and I met the PIO.I told him I hadn't got the information to my RTI application.The PIO told that information will be provided in 1 week and further said if you don't get the information just appeal to FAA.After one week also I hadn't go the information.I had enquired the handling of RTI applications in the office by contacting the employees of other sections.They told that in their office so many RTI applications are pending since long time,if you appeal to FAA also there is no guarantee that you will get the information and also told that after if you file second appeal to SIC the hearing will be after only 6 months to 1 year.They further told that how many people will be interested in this lengthy process and if the SIC orders for providing the information they will provide the information at that time.Any way our Andhra Pradesh SIC has a good affectin towards PIO's by not imposing penalties to PIO's for delay in providing the information.So they are not providing the information to RTI applicants.So this is attitude of our Government Officials towards RTI applicants.

Anyway I am going to file first appeal with FAA and wait for another 30 days to file second appeal with Andhra Pradesh SIC.

Regards,

Mohammad Amin

• Moderators
jps50

Do not get frustrated. My humble advice would be not to visit any govt office for RTI. Keep every thing in black and white by regd ad and email [if it is there]. Usually Govt employees try to frustrate when applicant personally visits. Citizens will have to make such employees understand what RTI means at the end of the tunnel. 63 year old attitude will not change in 5 years of RTI. In Gujarat officers are afraid of CIC of GIC, since he does not tolerate any defiance of RTI. He has pulled up many collectors, commissioners and senior govt officers. Keep on keeping on. Please visit:

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Pulivarthi Narasimhulu

Please follow the advice of Sri jps. Fiight with both Govt.departments and state SICs for the information sought. In some cases the SICs are also responding well. At least after one year. you can get the information if you proceed. If you don't proceed on the remarks of employees, you don't get information for ever.

Ketan Modi

Dear Amin Sir,

While I concur with the advise of all the friends herein above, I suggest you prefer a complaint before the district consumer forum and hold PIO personally responsible for denial of information and seek compensation and cost of litigation to be deducted from his salary. In case if FAA does not entertain and dispose of you appeal within stipulated time period make him a party t o the case under Consumer Protection Act. This will shake them from their lackadaisical attitude and serve them very well. Don't lose faith in the Act and yourself. Happy information seeking.

Pulivarthi Narasimhulu
Dear Amin Sir,

While I concur with the advise of all the friends herein above, I suggest you prefer a complaint before the district consumer forum and hold PIO personally responsible for denial of information and seek compensation and cost of litigation to be deducted from his salary. In case if FAA does not entertain and dispose of you appeal within stipulated time period make him a party t o the case under Consumer Protection Act. This will shake them from their lackadaisical attitude and serve them very well. Don't lose faith in the Act and yourself. Happy information seeking.

Consumer Forums are also not deciding the cases within a short perriod. Even the Forum decide, there is an option to appeal to State and Central Forums in which we can't get the decisions soon. Better to approach SIC. The decision will come at least after one year.

• Moderators
jps50

Please visit

Additional Remedy

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/719-additional-remedy-information-seekers.html

My experience with Consumer Protection alternative is that the moment you serve only notice under it, PIO sends reply. It happened with TN SIC in my case. You need not file case in consumer forum and wait. There is nothing wrong in trying. Otherwise also in India waiting waiting is our govt culture from Peon to President [ Afzal Guru is also waiting !!!]. For speed you have to "expend" and buy speed. RTI will change the scene over a period of time.

smbhappy

A properly designed notice under CPA does the wonder. Send a copy of the Notice to the President of a Consumers Organisation of your area also post the online complaint at the website of the Ministry Of Consumers affairs at Complaints Registration:CORE

The trick will work.

amin4go

Dear JPS sir,

I am unable to open the link,the message is

Invalid Blog specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Please provide the correct link,

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Amin.

smbhappy

I am also facing this problem with many links and admns are not taking it seriously. Owing to cached link in their own machine they may be able to open it. I hope this problem will be seriously looked into. Otherwise its your baby. Make it or break it.

amin4go

Dear JPS,

I was able to open the link now and downloaded the format.

Here in my case i have filed first appeal with FAA 13 days back only.Should i wait for completion of 30 days with FAA or can i send the notice now only.

And sending notice like this to govt employee can create any legal problem to us.

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance,

Amin.

smbhappy

You should wait for the mandatory period of 30 days. Then you will be getting another 30 days to file First Appeal.

• Super Moderator
karira
Dear JPS sir,

I am unable to open the link,the message is

Invalid Blog specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Please provide the correct link,

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Amin.

I am also facing this problem with many links and admns are not taking it seriously. Owing to cached link in their own machine they may be able to open it. I hope this problem will be seriously looked into. Otherwise its your baby. Make it or break it.

The link is opening correctly even after clearing the cache.

Just check your browser settings.

Try to open the link with this tiny URL: Notice under consumer protection act for rti act - Blogs - RTI INDIA

amin4go

Dear Karira sir,

1.Sending notice like this to govt employee as per Consumer Protection act can create any legal problem to us i.e RTI applicants

2.Now i have filed first appeal with FAA 13 days back, can i send a notice now itself as per consumer protection act or else should i wait for completion of 30 days to dispose the appeal by FAA.

Thanks in advance,

Amin.

Pulivarthi Narasimhulu

Whether notice under Consumer Act can be given to the Head of Authority eventhough the PIO informed the applicant after 35 days that the matter pertains to some other department and get the information from that department without transferring u/s 6(3). First appeal filed. But no reply. 30 days passed. At this stage can I send a notice to the Head of Authority.

smbhappy

You may send

01. the Notice under Consumer Protection Act for compendation for dissatified and dfficient svice, mental agony

02. a complaint u/s 18 read with S.29 for punisnment to PIO.

03. a Notice u/s 80 CPC for a suit to obtain an urgent or immediate relief against the Government or any public officer in respect of any act purporting to be done by such public officer in his official capacity, may be instituted.

pointing all the improprieties committed by the PIO in case of RTI Act & Consumer Coart, PA in case of S.80CPC Notice.

amin4go

Hi,

1.Sending notice as per CP act, it is going to create any legal problem to us as he is government employee

Regards,

Amin

smbhappy

Section 80 CPC is for the errant public servants only. It will create no legal problem for you. On the other hand it will be a problem from them and they will complete your work before replying to the notice. Get this drafted from a practicing Lawyer.

amin4go

Dear Sir,

Do you have any format with you on Sec 80 of CPC to send notice,

which i can use here.Please post the format.

Thanks in advance,

Amin

smbhappy

I said that you get it drafted from a practicing lawyer as in case the Public Authority defaults, you need to file a criminal complaint in the court. Lawyer will draft it keeping in mind the future requirement too. However, you can search the net for that.