Need Help on IT Refund

sasi.cooldude

Question

sasi.cooldude

Hi,

Am Sasi Kumar from Chennai. New to RTI. Just having a query in IT Refund.

While filing IT returns for 2007-2008, i have paid the excess of Rs.6500. I have checked the Refund status in Online Refund link, and it says the Bank A/c Number is wrong and not able to credit. So i went to Chennai IT office say for 8 to 10 times (Approx) from 2009 to till now and my amount is never get refunded. Each and every time they are saying we will be doing it and you will get the call while updating your account number in the system. But till now i didnt get any call from IT office.

Can you pls do the needful and let us know if you need any further information.

Regards

Sasi

2 answers to this question

smbhappy

Mr. Sasi Kumar

Why don’t you file RTI Application. While filing RTI Application detailing the problem being faced by you and quoted therein your all previous references of letter/telephone/personal visits to the office of the Chennai IT office and ask for the following information (Please use all or some points as suited to you. Point No. 6-9 below are essential for quick and positive action):

01. Inform me the day to day action taken on my various requests made earlier (give date wise detail of your letters/visits/phone calls).

02. Inform me the time needed as per law to finalize the required action.

03. Inform me latest status of your request.

04. Provide me the certified copies of the File Notings relating to this matter.

05. Inform me reasons for the delay

06. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for taking action on your request.

07. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for causing delay on your request.

08. This application may also be treated as a Notice u/s 80 CPC and the action taken thereunder may also be inform to me in due course.

09. I have paid fee for the purpose. I am a consumer. The delay is a deficient service. Moreover I am being harassed. What compensation is proposed to paid to me. if Nothing, This may please be treated as a Notice under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.

10. Inform me the manner in which the PA is proposing to compensate you for the mental agony and deficient service.

11. Any other point on your mind (Think Hard).

Here's the web address of the Helpline of the President of India's Secretariat where you can file and/or upload your grievance and later on view the status of the same. You may also file an online complaint to the Indian President’s Secretariat at :: President's Secretariat Helpline ::

Most probably your work will be done with a quick pace, which you would had never expected under normal circumstances.

You will find necessary help for filing the RTI Application by clicking the "RTI Guide" button at the top of this page.