Refund of Road Tax from Hyderabad RTO

NavinSaran

Question

NavinSaran

Subject: AP life tax paid on the Vehicle being No. UP-15U-9998 on 08-12-2006 amount of Rs.31,570/- (Thirty one thousand five hundred seventy only)

Respected Sir,

I am a resident of Meerut, UP, my husband in the month of March, 2006 was posted to Hyderabad on a project by his employer for a short term.

We own a Wagon-R car Registered at RTA, Meerut in my name. The said vehicle is brought to Hyderabad since it would be comfortable for transportation within the city. On 16-11-2006 the RTA, Hyderabad issued a challan (No.1852212) and raised demand to pay AP life tax. We had informed the RTA authorities that our stay at Hyderabad would be for a very short period and therefore the payment of AP life tax is un-warranted for which the RTA forced to pay the AP life tax and stated when the car is taken back to Meerut the remaining unused part of the AP life tax would be returned after deducting the used portion of AP life tax.

Having no other alternative we paid the AP life tax on the Vehicle on 08-12-2006 amounting to Rs.31,570/- wide DD. No. 118176 dated 06-08-2008 of ICICI Bank and Payment receipt No.m3/1045544.

On completion of assignment at Hyderabad, the car was taken back to Meerut and RTA was requested for refund of the un-used portion of AP life tax.

On 05-05-2008 we submitted a letter to the Joint Commissioner & Secretary, RTA Khairatabad, Hyderabad stating that the car is shifting from Hyderabad, AP to Meerut, U.P., and requested to refund AP life tax after deducting the used portion of life tax. RTA did not refund the un-used portion of AP life tax, Instead we were advised to submit proof of vehicle returned back to home state. RTA, Hyderabad demanded the proof of vehicle being present in Meerut (U.P.) hence the vehicle was produced before the RTA, Meerut.

On 22-08-2008 the RTA Meerut on verification of the Vehicle issued a certificate informing that the vehicle has returned to Meerut which is the original place of registration and said certificate is produced before the RTA, Hyderabad on 10-09-2008. The same letter was received by RTA, Hyderabad on 15-11-2008. Even after receiving the said request letter the RTA did not refund the un-used portion of AP life tax.

On 10-02-2009 Vehicle was brought to Mumbai, Maharashtra and 1 year tax paid duly wide receipt no. 076269. We have been abiding lawfully and respectful towards taxations laws of states.

We request you to guide us getting refund of the balance amount of AP life tax paid after deducting the used portion of AP life tax.

Thanking You,

Truly Yours,

Richa Saran W/O Navin Saran

• Super Moderator
karira

If you have already filed a claim in writing and sent several reminders, then please file a RTI application with RTO, Hyderabad as per directions in this blog:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for AP.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

Please also read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/40092-road-tax-refund-status-bangalore-rto.html

smbhappy

Pending Un-responded issues

Please file RTI Application with the PIO of the concerned Public Authority (Hyderabad RTO) via Speed Post. While filing RTI Application detailing the problem being faced by you and quoted therein your all previous references of letter/telephone/personal visits to the office of the Public Authority and ask for the following information (Please use all or some points as suited to you. Point No. 6-9 below is essential for quick and positive action):

01. Inform me the day to day action taken on my various requests made earlier (give date wise detail of your letters/visits/phone calls).

02. Inform me the time needed as per law to finalize the required action.

03. Inform me latest status of your request.

04. Provide me the certified copies of the File Notings relating to this matter from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.

05. Inform me reasons for the delay

06. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for taking action on your request.

07. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for causing delay on your request.

08. This application may also be treated as a Notice u/s 80 CPC and the action taken thereunder may also be inform to me in due course.

09. I have paid fee for the purpose. I am a consumer. The delay is a deficient service. Moreover I am being harassed. What compensation is proposed to paid to me. if Nothing, This may please be treated as a Notice under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.

10. Inform me the manner in which the PA is proposing to compensate you for the mental agony and deficient service u/s 19 of the RTI and Consumers Protection ACT 1986 for dissatisfied and deficient services

11. Any other point on your mind (Think Hard).

DO ALL YOUR CORRESPONDENCE THROUGH SPEED POST.

Here's the web address of the Helpline of the President of India's Secretariat where you can file and/or upload your grievance and later on view the status of the same. You may also file an online complaint to the President of India’s Secretariat at :: President's Secretariat Helpline ::

The grievances arising out of unsatisfactory response or No response from the Ministry/Department concerned will be taken up by the PG officers of DAR&PG who will take up the matter with the Ministry/Department concerned for close monitoring and expeditious redress. You can lodge your complaints for all ministries of central government and state governments at the following link

PGRAMS -:- Grievance Registration Form

Most probably your work will be done with a quick pace, which you would had never expected under normal circumstances.

You will find necessary help for filing the RTI Application by clicking the ”Home” or "RTI Guide" button at the top of this page. Also please use the customized Google search bar located at the top of this page and search for "Road Tax Refund Procedure", etc. and you may get a/many threads.

NavinSaran

Dear All,

Thank You for your prompt response. This has been great help.

I have drafted the Application as per your valuable guidance for RTI. Same is attached to this post. Request kindly browse through and suggest if i need to make any changes.

Further i plan to pay Rs.10 court fee stamp affixed to application as fee towards the information sought. Is this Correct amount and method of payment?

Thanks & Regards

Navin Saran/Richa Saran

If you have already filed a claim in writing and sent several reminders, then please file a RTI application with RTO, Hyderabad as per directions in this blog:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for AP.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

Please also read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/40092-road-tax-refund-status-bangalore-rto.html

Refund_of_life_tax_RTI_application.doc

• Super Moderator
karira

Just remove the Guidelines part and that long explanation letter, as well as authority letter.

There is no need for those.

Only the RTI application as king for information need be given.

In e) of your application change the period from 05.05.08 till date of the application.

Application fee has to be as per the AP RTI rules.

If court fee stamp is allowed in those rules, then it is OK.

smbhappy

Do what Mr. Karira has advised.

In addition do the followingL

01. If Court fee stamps procured from AP and affixed it is okay. If you are posting Application from out of state, it is better pay by postal order,

02. Self attest all the copies of of the enclosures as:

Certified True Copy

ATTESTED

(Your Signature)

Date:

NavinSaran

Thanks for the quidance :-) will do the necessary. Thanks again.

Do what Mr. Karira has advised.

In addition do the followingL

01. If Court fee stamps procured from AP and affixed it is okay. If you are posting Application from out of state, it is better pay by postal order,

02. Self attest all the copies of of the enclosures as:

Certified True Copy

ATTESTED

(Your Signature)

Date:

NavinSaran

Hello All,

I have posted my RTI application through Speed Post with AD. Now I tried to email same also to Joint Commissioner & Secy RTA Hyderabad also marked copy to Commissioner RTA, Hyderabad.

Unfortunately my emails have bounced.

I have emailed to following email IDs:

J.T.C.&Secy.,STA

jtcommr_sta@ap.gov.in

Transport Commissioner

commr_aptd@ap.gov.in

also marked cc to info@aptransport.org

Are there any alternate email Id's of RTA Hyderabad Joint Transport Commissioner. Will Need Help.

Thanks

Richa Saran

• Super Moderator
karira

Just forget about using email with any Government office.

You have sent your RTI application by Speed Post.

Track it online on the Indiapost website and when it is delivered, take a printout of the delivery status.

That will be your proof of delivery.

smbhappy

Emails are not going to serve any better purpose. Just forget about them. Start counting 35 (5 days for postal delivery) from the date of dispatch of your RTI Application with fee. You must hear in this period. If you don't hear anything, the matter is for complaint to IC as well as First Appeal to appellate Authority. Just Start putting your shoes together, for that eventuality.

NavinSaran
Pending Un-responded issues

Please file RTI Application with the PIO of the concerned Public Authority (Hyderabad RTO) via Speed Post. While filing RTI Application detailing the problem being faced by you and quoted therein your all previous references of letter/telephone/personal visits to the office of the Public Authority and ask for the following information (Please use all or some points as suited to you. Point No. 6-9 below is essential for quick and positive action):

01. Inform me the day to day action taken on my various requests made earlier (give date wise detail of your letters/visits/phone calls).

02. Inform me the time needed as per law to finalize the required action.

03. Inform me latest status of your request.

04. Provide me the certified copies of the File Notings relating to this matter from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.

05. Inform me reasons for the delay

06. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for taking action on your request.

07. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for causing delay on your request.

08. This application may also be treated as a Notice u/s 80 CPC and the action taken thereunder may also be inform to me in due course.

09. I have paid fee for the purpose. I am a consumer. The delay is a deficient service. Moreover I am being harassed. What compensation is proposed to paid to me. if Nothing, This may please be treated as a Notice under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.

10. Inform me the manner in which the PA is proposing to compensate you for the mental agony and deficient service u/s 19 of the RTI and Consumers Protection ACT 1986 for dissatisfied and deficient services

11. Any other point on your mind (Think Hard).

DO ALL YOUR CORRESPONDENCE THROUGH SPEED POST.

Here's the web address of the Helpline of the President of India's Secretariat where you can file and/or upload your grievance and later on view the status of the same. You may also file an online complaint to the President of India’s Secretariat at :: President's Secretariat Helpline ::

The grievances arising out of unsatisfactory response or No response from the Ministry/Department concerned will be taken up by the PG officers of DAR&PG who will take up the matter with the Ministry/Department concerned for close monitoring and expeditious redress. You can lodge your complaints for all ministries of central government and state governments at the following link

PGRAMS -:- Grievance Registration Form

Most probably your work will be done with a quick pace, which you would had never expected under normal circumstances.

You will find necessary help for filing the RTI Application by clicking the ”Home” or "RTI Guide" button at the top of this page. Also please use the customized Google search bar located at the top of this page and search for "Road Tax Refund Procedure", etc. and you may get a/many threads.

I have sent my RTI application via speedpost EM029133286IN was checking on speed post website for delivery report. Till date they do not have a confirmation of delivery online.

Only movement track of booked item is available:

The movement particulars of EM029133286IN are as follows:

Date & Time From Office To Office Event Remarks

14/07/2010 11:32:51 KANDIVALI EAST Article Booked

14/07/2010 14:10:43 KANDIVALI EAST MUMBAI Article Bagged

15/07/2010 02:48:43 MUMBAI HYDERABAD Article Bagged

15/07/2010 10:25:39 SP TMO MUMBAI Bag IS Received

16/07/2010 02:24:31 HYDERABAD Bag IS Received

16/07/2010 05:14:53 HYDERABAD SOMAJIGUDA Article Bagged

16/07/2010 09:11:37 SOMAJIGUDA Bag IS Received

16/07/2010 SOMAJIGUDA Article Delivered TO :

>> No confirmation on delivery??? So this is so far where I have reached :(

My query: As noted above a) online complaint to the President of India’s Secretariat & b) lodge your complaints for all ministries of central government and state governments

Should i do this immediately or wait for SPIO at RTO Hyderabad to reply? :confused:

• Super Moderator
karira

The speed post article was delivered on 16/7/2010 , as per the report you have reproduced above.

NavinSaran
The speed post article was delivered on 16/7/2010 , as per the report you have reproduced above.

Ok! i though this was just the movement report of the parcel. Good this is delivered. Will wait for response and then take next action.

Thanks

Richa/Navin

NavinSaran
Ok! i though this was just the movement report of the parcel. Good this is delivered. Will wait for response and then take next action.

Thanks

Richa/Navin

Hi!

To update latest development. I have registered a complaint at:

1. PRESIDENT'S SECRETARIAT HELPLINE

2. Greviance to department of road and transport

3. Greviance to government of andhra pradesh

I have ref numbers of all above greviances.

Thanks

Richa/Navin

NavinSaran

Hi!

I had sent my RTI request to RTO Hyderabad more than a month ago. The RTI application was received by RTO hyderabad vide Registered AD on 16th July 2010.

Now how to proceed further?

Pls guide.

Thanks & Regards

Navin-Richa.

• Super Moderator
karira

The PIO has 30 days from the date of receipt, to provide you the information you sought.

Wait till 25 August, to provide for postal delays, etc.

If you still do not get the information you sought, then this can be termed as "deemed denial" of information.

You have to now file First Appeal to the First Appellate Officer.

A draft for such a first appeal for deemed denial is available here: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/attachments/ask-rti-query/2057d1272605984-regarding-final-settlement-central-govt-employee-general-first-appeal-deemed-refusal-information.doc

Use it after modifying it to suit your requirements.

NavinSaran
The PIO has 30 days from the date of receipt, to provide you the information you sought.

Wait till 25 August, to provide for postal delays, etc.

If you still do not get the information you sought, then this can be termed as "deemed denial" of information.

You have to now file First Appeal to the First Appellate Officer.

A draft for such a first appeal for deemed denial is available here: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/attachments/ask-rti-query/2057d1272605984-regarding-final-settlement-central-govt-employee-general-first-appeal-deemed-refusal-information.doc

Use it after modifying it to suit your requirements.

Thank You For your guidance. I wait till 25th August and take action accordingly. Thanks Again.

Regards

Navin-Richa

NavinSaran

Hi,

I have been gearing up for filing an appeal as there has been no response to my RTI application sent on 14.07.10.

I have few queries:

1. I had filed RTI application against Public Information officer Jt. Commissioner RTA, Hyderabad (PIO), Who is competent authority as 1. First Appellate Authority (FAA), 2. Public Authority (PA ) to whom i have to address my complaint. Pls provide Name and address.

2. There is a column which says "11. Personal Presence at hearing:YES / NO" what should i mark yes or no. if No then do i need to niminate a representative?

3. In application guidlines "13. Periodically visit website of Commission for tracking progress of your complaint. Normally it takes 6 to 24 months for decision depending upon efficiency of Commission." My queries to this guideline is 1. How do i track the progress of complaint. 2. Does it really take 6 to 24 months or 2+ years to get a response on filing a complaint.?

Thanks & Regards

Richa/Navin

• Super Moderator
karira

1. I had filed RTI application against Public Information officer Jt. Commissioner RTA, Hyderabad (PIO), Who is competent authority as 1. First Appellate Authority (FAA), 2. Public Authority (PA ) to whom i have to address my complaint. Pls provide Name and address.

2. There is a column which says "11. Personal Presence at hearing:YES / NO" what should i mark yes or no. if No then do i need to niminate a representative?

3. In application guidlines "13. Periodically visit website of Commission for tracking progress of your complaint. Normally it takes 6 to 24 months for decision depending upon efficiency of Commission." My queries to this guideline is 1. How do i track the progress of complaint. 2. Does it really take 6 to 24 months or 2+ years to get a response on filing a complaint.?

Thanks & Regards

Richa/Navin

1. Just see page 50 onwards of this document: http://www.aptransport.org/html/right-to-information-act.pdf

(Actually read the full document - you might find some more valuable information).

2. Personal hearing is not necessary. Specially in your case where it is a simple case of deemed denial of information.

3. Those guidelines refer to Complaints or Second Appeals only.

A second appeal has to be filed if you do not get a order from the first appellate authority within 45 days of filing first appeal.

mujahid.kareem

Hi Richa Saran,

I know this is quite an old dialogue trail but I am sailing in the same ship and would like to check with you if you managed getting the refund from the Authorities?

If yes, please provide me your contact number / email address in order to seek your support and proceed further for claiming my refund back please!

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Mujahid