Not got any reply of First Appeal, what should I do

mdmudassiralam

Question

mdmudassiralam

Dear Members,

I have filed a first appeal to the Vice Chancellor of Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University, after not getting any information from the Public Information Officer of the University. However, even after one month of application, I haven't received any reply from the University VC, what should I do. Please suggest..

5 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
karira

The First Appellate Authority has 30 days to hear and pass an order on your first appeal - from the date he receives the appeal.

He can take another 15 days (total 30 + 15 = 45) in case he puts the reasons for the extra 15 days taken, in writing.

Wait till 45 days are over. Add another 5 to 10 days for postal delays.

If you still do not get the FAAs order, then file second appeal.

It has to be filed within 90 days of the date when you get the first appeal order or the date when you were supposed to get it.

mdmudassiralam

Hi Members,

I have filed a RTI to Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University, Bihar regarding so information. Since I have not got any reply from the First Appellate Authority in 45 days, so I wish to file the Second Appeal cum Complaint. Please guide me whom should I address the application either to the Chief Information Commissioner of Bihar (SIC) or the Chief Information Commissioner of Chief Information Commission, New Delhi?

• Moderators

If it is a Central University you have to file with CIC Delhi and if the University is established and run by Bihar Govt, then refer to State Information Com, Bihar. Please also visit:

SECOND APPEAL GUIDE [CENTRAL]:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/16-second-appeal-complaint-cic-guidelines.html

SECOND APPEAL FORMAT [CENTRAL]:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/15-second-appeal-complaint-cic-format.html

SECOND APPEAL/COMPLAINT STATE:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/342-second-appeal-complaint-state-information.html