Will RTI help in eradication of corruption and poverty?

As I can see from the Act the principal aim of the act seems to motivate people and encouraging them to have information about the working of the system to see that it works efficiently.

But it is said that poverty alleviation is also the aim of this act. I cannot forsee how that can be achieved?:confused:

Any views?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

RTI is good solution of so many problems of our country. If there is one agency like post office to get the application of RTI and a good agency to monitor the timely providing the informations. The agency must punish some fellows and it will create good atmosphere for RTI.

• 10 years later...
Prasad GLN

Woh !  A post defers from "Essay" and "Article".  If the member is real author, shift this as blog,.

Who are expected to stop corruption ?

It should first start from every citizen 

Throwing the blame on others --quote from above post: image.thumb.png.02bcfe20157b3537d8f301ed282e8147.pngimage.thumb.png.3fbed9643b8c1353f9c8ff22e324e693.png

• Super Moderator

@ashakantasharma  please give credit to the original poster of that article 

The preamble to the RTI Act only talks about "containing corruption" and not "stopping and/or removing corruption":

Whereas the Constitution of India has established democratic Republic;

And whereas democracy requires an informed citizenry and transparency of information which are vital to its functioning and also to contain corruption and to hold Governments and their instrumentalities accountable to the governed;

And whereas revelation of information in actual practice is likely to conflict with other public interests including efficient operations of the Governments, optimum use of limited fiscal resources and the preservation of confidentiality of sensitive information;

And whereas it is necessary to harmonise these conflicting interests while preserving the paramountcy of the democratic ideal;

Now, therefore, it is expedient to provide for furnishing certain information to citizens who desire to have it.

Be it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-sixth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—

ashakantasharma
25 minutes ago, karira said:

@ashakantasharma  please give credit to the original poster of that article 

The preamble to the RTI Act only talks about "containing corruption" and not "stopping and/or removing corruption":

Whereas the Constitution of India has established democratic Republic;

And whereas democracy requires an informed citizenry and transparency of information which are vital to its functioning and also to contain corruption and to hold Governments and their instrumentalities accountable to the governed;

And whereas revelation of information in actual practice is likely to conflict with other public interests including efficient operations of the Governments, optimum use of limited fiscal resources and the preservation of confidentiality of sensitive information;

And whereas it is necessary to harmonise these conflicting interests while preserving the paramountcy of the democratic ideal;

Now, therefore, it is expedient to provide for furnishing certain information to citizens who desire to have it.

Be it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-sixth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—

Sir, 

What makes you think that somebody else is the Original Author of the article if that would have been the case I would have mentioned it in my article itself ?

I have created the article with my own research and analysis after collecting data from various sources from the internet.

shubhamkhatri

I was recently reading some where about history of Corruption in India . I get to know if we analyse about it in modern context . The corruption in India began from Mir Zaffar and latter by British Officials . Warren Hastings was impeached for the same .

No doubt RTI was and IS a land mark reform to eradicate corruption . Its a powerful weapon in hand of common citizens .... 

Actually I wants to ask if somebody know any estimation about amount of corrupt money unveiled by RTI from 2005 till present .....