Bsnl - No reply to my Application, First & Second Appeal

gargville

Question

gargville

Hello,

I am a little confused for Why Am I not getting any reply from BSNL? The applications are attached.

10-11-2010: I wrote an RTI application to PIO BSNL, Dumka(Jharkhand) for which an unofficial representative from BSNL office did came to me with my application along with forward from PIO Dumka to local SDO and tried to convince me to stop RTI, whom I ignored but no official response was received by me. (Sent through Registered Post)

03-01-2011: I wrote a first appeal to CPIO BSNL Ranchi(Jharkhand) - again no response. (Sent through Registered Post)

22-02-2011: Last I wrote second appeal to The Appellate Authority, BSNL, New Delhi - no response till date (Sent through Speed Post, Delivered on 01/03/2011)

Dont know why they prefer to ignore my RTI.

Plz point the mistakes I made like the first appeal should have been sent to 'The Appellate Authority' instead of CPIO. Any points I should have added to better the application.

Now Who should be my next application to?

Thank You

1st_bsnl_rti_10-11-2010.doc

3rd_bsnl_rti_22-02-2011.doc

2nd_bsnl_rti_03-01-2011.docx

10 answers to this question

• Moderators
jps50
dr.s.malhotra

dear sushant ,

plz see post #2 in following thread to learn the process of RTI .

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/68576-new-rti-org.html

your first RTI Appl was reasonably fine and needs answering . They did not reply because presumably your queries were uncomfortable for BSNL people . Nothing wrong on your part . But when time came for follow up with first Appeal , you messed up and again wrote queries to Appellate Authority [ labelling him CPIO ] .

Now if the issue is still not solved , file fresh RTI Appl and follow it up with suggestions from members here .

gargville

Hello Dr. Malhotra,

I did wrongly addressed the first appeal to CPIO instead of Appellate Authority. Isn't the CPIO supposed to forward it to the concerned officer or at least inform me that the application has been rejected with mentioning valid reason or can they simply ignore the applications.

dr.s.malhotra

No , he is not supposed to , especially when it does not look like first Appeal . In first appeal you narrate the facts of the RTI Appl , then tell how the Order of PIO is wrong / RTI has not been replied to and then you make a prayer for supply of information [ free of charges if it is delayed ]. You do not question Appellate Authority . Plz see First Appeal format in Guide section .

gargville

Looks like I completely messed up the first appeal. So I will see into filing fresh application.

Thank you for reply.

Ketan Modi

Dear Sushant,

Do not get disheartened by mistakes. All of us have learnt from the past mistakes. Go ahead and rectify the mistakes and you shall succeed. Use the tools available on the forum's page. You may also seek help from other members. I fully agree with Doctorsaab. Your application is not misplaced but must have caused discomfiture to the PIO and FAA. Continue to give them headaches where it pinches the most. Happy information seeking.

Ketan Modi

gargville

Ketan ji,

Thank you for encouraging. This was my first time going into appeal and I did it in hurry. Although I showed the applications to my lawyer who even couldn't figure out the mistakes. Downloaded the RTI guidelines e-book. Will read it carefully and send a copy to lawyer.

Also talked to local Rotary club president who are interested in RTI awareness and right usage of it. Lets see where it goes.