Letter is not traceable -- who is responsible?

parveensudarshan

Question

parveensudarshan

I sent a letter to some office. After about one year, i sent an RTI application to the PIO of that organisation to send me the certified copy of file notings through which my letter was processed/dealt.

In the RTI reply, i got the information that your letter is not traceable in the office.

However, i have checked from the post office also that the Speed post letter was delivered to the addresee.

Now, i want to send a RTI application to the PIO asking him as to who is responsible for the letter having become "untraceable". But, you see that have written that it is untraceable---they have not said that they received it or not. So, i want to ask as to what action they have taken against the person who was responsible for the safe custody of that letter. For me it is very important to know the fate of the letter. And the PIO saying it is untraceable, it just defeats the very purpose of RTI. So, help me out and suggest some questions which i can ask the PIO in the new RTI application.

I want to know how it went missing, since when it is missing, who is responsible and what action taken or will be taken against the person responsible for keeping the record. And it has been conveyed to me that it is non-tracebale. Does that mean that the letter was received or should i need to ask this also through my same application.

Please help me out in framing exact questions so that i dont get that common reply ---

" No record is available" .......i'm tired of this reply.

2 answers to this question

parveensudarshan

@ Karira ji, i am so much thankful to you... i needed this information so urgently. I have visited the links also suggested by your goodself and found these quite inspiring and helpful. Thanks once again,sir.