Ralph Frammolino

Introduce myself and a query

Question

Ralph Frammolino

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ralph Frammolino and I'm a visiting professor of print journalism at the Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media, Bangalore. I was a reporter at the Los Angeles Times for more than 26 years before coming to teach in India--the hottest journalism market in the world. I have been deeply impressed by the way Indian citizens, advocacy groups and journalists have seized on the RTI to expose governmental corruption, waste and fraud. As a result, I am currently gathering information for an article I'd like to write for a highly respected American publication (the editors had expressed a strong interest). I am looking for some notable RTI success stories to include in the article, and hope other members of retiIndia.org will share their results, large or small, with me. Even if you are being frustrated by the bureaucracy, or have insights about the short-comings of the law, that would be useful information. Thanks, and forgive me for repeating what I've already sent on a New Member Introduction thread.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• aparna
      By aparna
      As I can see from the Act the principal aim of the act seems to motivate people and encouraging them to have information about the working of the system to see that it works efficiently.

But it is said that poverty alleviation is also the aim of this act. I cannot forsee how that can be achieved?

Any views?
    • nirmalbiswas
      By nirmalbiswas
      I beleive in this last 50 years or even more after we have got our independence this is the first time that our Government has sincerely thought of nailing the corrupt officials and has brought this ACT. No doubt the corrupt officials and people in power on the other hand are thinking out ways and means as to how to dilute this act so as not to pass the information regarding the wrong things they do or might do. One of this was not to give information regarding what ever has been dealt on corresponding side before an order has been passed. I beleive we all Government officers who are non corrupt, have nothing to fear from this act and should whole heartedly support this act and make it more stronger.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy