gregjenings

Question

gregjenings

After Filing the RTI enquiring to the actions taken by Registrar cooperative societies against my various complaints and letter against the Management Committe of the society ,Today I received one line reply from Registrar Cooperative Society which says

" This information is not kept in complied form however applicant may be asked to inspect the relevant record on any working day during working hours"

So now Do I need to file first appeal? If yes what should I enquire in my first appeal?Howshould I frame it?

or What should be my course of action against such irresponsible reply?

What sort of action/penalty I can demand against the authorized person in this case Asst Registrar?

This is the shear case of corruption and nexus between registrar cooperative societies and

managing committee of the society.

Why didn't the registar ask for relevant information from the Managing Committe

10 answers to this question

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Greg

a. If u are comfortable and available, u may inspect the files and take info as per requirement.

b. OR u can file FA and pray for supply of info in the form its available.

c. Also note: Info has not been denied to you.

regards

gregjenings

Yes, if the info is not in compiled format how could I get the info even if I inspect the files myself ?don't you think this is just to delay the process and indirectly denying the information.

And even if I inspect and couldn't find the info what should be the course of action?

What if there is no info available and I have run from pillar to post ?

Also what is an FA?

Dear Dinesk K here is the link to my previous post where I have attached the document related to the info,I would upload it here too but couldn't find the option for it.

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/73721-help-filing-rti-registrar-cooperative-socities.html#post184099

aslamkhan

Dear gregjenings,

1) Info is not denied to you but Info is not been provided to you either.

2) Income/expenditure total amount spend under various categories by the management committee .

if this Information is not kept in complied form ?

please upload your RTI application..

DineshK

You have asked for the information which is readily available with the PIO and not the inspection of files. What compile does he need to provide certified copy of various rules and details of action taken on your application ? What is use of inspecting the rules in the books ? you certainly need copy of them. PIO is just making excuses and wants you to come to his office for the settlement.

If you have not asked for the inspection, the PIO cannot insist for it. The information you have asked is not voluminous and available at one place in the office of PIO.

File your first appeal and insist for the certified copies of the documents you have asked in your application.

For attaching a file to your post you should change over to advance mode by clicking on "Go Advance" button.

gregjenings

aslamkhan and DineshK I have uploaded the reference RTI that I have submitted for your information and further guidance,

How can I file an appeal?

How can I make them to give me full details of their actions/ filings details against the Managing Committee?

How should I further frame my Appeal which makes them bound to take some sort of action against the Managing committee?

Should I go for inspection?

What if I am being harassed in the registrar office?

What if they don't provide me any helper to sort huge bulk of files,I know they will ask me to look into relevant info but are going to provide me irrelevant documents to sort through a common method to frustrate people?

RTI to Registrar refernce.doc

DineshK

You have not asked for the inspection but the copies of documents and it is the duty of PIO to provide the same. Why should you search the files for it. Moreover you have not asked anything in compiled form. The PIO was supposed to provide the reply to every point separately which he has failed to do.

Insist on that point alone that you have asked for the copies of information which are readily available. PIO should now provide these copies free of cost under section 7(6) of the RTI Act.

I suggest you to get the copies of rules first and that proceed with your next RTI application.

gregjenings

Actually if you go through my RTI I do have asked for inspection.SO is there be any problem because of that.

aslamkhan

Dear gregjenings,

you have mentioned in your application that "On receipt of information under this application, I intend to carry out actual inspection of records at your office. I may be permitted such inspection.”

so where is the Information? did PIO supply you any Information?