Avinash V Shrotriya

Mr Avinash V Shrotriya Retired Librarian

Question

Avinash V Shrotriya

I am a retired Librarian from Reg Autonomous Orgainisation under Administrative Control of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt of India - New Delhi which follows Central Govt rules and 100 % funded by Central Govt. having National Head Quarter at Mumbai. I retired in Feb.'11 after completion of 27 years of service, on super annuation, i. e completion of 60 years of service. My retirement dues are with hold by the Organisation except Provident Fund. I opt for commutation of pension and my leave encahment amount is also not yet settled. In Jun.'11 Office Order was issued to indicate calculations done by the Office and Pension Payment Order was also sent to me but not copy to the Bank I gave details about it to the Office long back. Even after more than 05 months my pension is not yet started. Recently Office informed that my cheques are ready and ask me to come personally and collect the same though I informed them to send Crossed D. D after deducting D. D. Commission and postal charges, or transfer the account in my local Bank account at Chinchwadgaon details of which are available with them or to transfer the amount in my Local Bank account at Mumbai where I was having salary account details of which are available in the office which is active and I already informed the office about it. My entire Gratuity amount is also with held by the Inst on the ground of settling some pending issues, which are they is not made clear, I got relieving order from the Office on last work day only. They want to recover some amount from my retirement dues for loss of books which took place during last 25 years for which I am not directly responsible, moreover Office is not yet able to find out exact amount of loss as well as number of books and prove how I am the only person responsible for the same. No department of legal proceedings are pending and/or contemplated by the office either during my service period or even after my retirement. I feel it is an harassment and attempt to teach me a lesson out of personal vendetta of some higher ups having vested interest.

3 answers to this question

Avinash V Shrotriya

I was working as a Librarian in Brijlal Biyani Science College - Amaravati ( Maharashtra) during the period 1978-1982, during which my provided fund subscription was deducted from my salary by the college, however no annual statement etc was given to me by the college and at that time even salary slip was also not regularly given to me hence I don't have any details with me at present and that amount is also not received to me, yet. I am unbale to make any claim for want of details. Any solution for the same please

dr.s.malhotra

This forum is for RTI matters only .

Considering you wish to get some information from the said college , it has to considered :

1. whether that college is covered under RTI since it is a private college .

2. whether the desired INFORMATION being 28-32 years old would be available with the college

Application under RTI Act can be filed for getting information only if the college is covered by RTI Act .

If the college has received substantial financial assistance from govt directly or indirectly [ land ] , then it would be covered under RTI Act . So get answer to this first at your level .

Ketan Modi

Dear Avinashji,

While I agree with what Doctorsaab has stated in his post above, to make your job easy I suggest that you file an application for information under RTI with PIO, Regional Provident Fund Office and seek all details about the acts of your former employers' acts under Provident Fund Act/Rules. Mind you you are not suppose to furnish them with the Provident Fund Account Numbers operated by your former employers. They are distributed ward wise and only PF office would know which desk is handling the case. Once you get the information, if you find any lapses, file a complaint and your employers may face penal action. Happy information seeking.

Ketan Modi