Claiming of Deceased Father's SBI account

jagadeesan_r

Question

jagadeesan_r

Dear All,

I am new to RTI India & seeking the member's valuable help regarding claiming my Father's SBI account who has passed away last April, just 15 days after his retirement from State govt job. The account holds his PF amount Rs. 9 lacs credited after his Death. For claiming it, the Bank asking for two sureties EACH worthing 18 lacs (even though the claim application form says that two sureties total worth equivalent to deceased account balance is sufficient) & asking as many as documents so as to arrive their net-worthiness. I feel embarrassed to ask the sureties their PAN card, ID proof, Address proof, their land/building original documents for verification, tax receipts, salary certificates, bank statements, personal visit to bank etc., as required by Bank for claiming. In fact, my Father had nominated my Mother during a/c opening.

Can any-body help me saying what exact documents sufficient for claiming & sureties worth required? Is there anu-one with similar case of mine? Please help!

yours

R Jagadeesan

Tamil Nadu

5 answers to this question

dr.s.malhotra

Make an RTI Application , send it to CPIO , SBI along with Rs,10- IPO in favout of Accounts Officer , SBI .

On how to write an RTI Application and submit it , read this in guide section here :

http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/how-to-use-your-right-to-information-4/how-to-write-an-rti-application-1/

http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/how-to-use-your-right-to-information-4/how-to-submit-a-rti-application-16/

Feel free to return for any further queries .