help me friends

ram_mecher

Question

ram_mecher

Hi all

I am from southern part of india,tamilnadu aged 25.i have finished my bachelor of engineering in mechanical in 2007.i have cochlear hearing loss in both of my ears.i like to apply for govt jobs in india and i hope hearing impaired persons can get a job in public sectors.where can i get the handicapped medical certificate so that i can apply for govt jobs atleast.Also kindly let me know the procedure to apply for govt jobs.kindly let me know friends.

thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

नमस्ते.

आरटीआई India मंच में आपका स्वागत है

WELCOME to RTI INDIA http://www.rtiindia.org/

You can get the PHC certificate from the Civil Surgeon of your area.

For Govt jobs, you may search Employment News or Advt in newspapers etc.

This portal do not supply any information, but only help in getting information under RTI Act and dedicated to discussing issues related to the RTI Act 2005. You will not get any answers here to general doubts and requests for help in non RTI related matters.

• Super Moderator
ganpat1956

Additionally, please get in touch with Shri Kodakkal Shivaprasad ( a member of this portal) who has got a similar disability, but presently working in Canara Bank as an officer. He is actively connected with bringing in a lot of improvements in the lives of disabled people. His contact details can be seen at http://kodakkal.ning.com/profile/KODAKKALSHIVAPRASAD. He is sure to provide you a lot of helpful suggestions.

Dear all

I am a hearing disabled engineering graduate. My hearing disability is 46.5% (Moderately severe disabled). i wanted to apply for Engineer Trainee(ET) position in BHEL through GATE 2012. So i applied for GATE 2012 and they accepted my application in PD category .But later when was applying for BHEL ET-2012 through GATE, i was shoked and dissapointed because i found that BHEL will consider the application in PH category only if a disabled person is having hearing loss of 60 db or more, whereas my hearing loss is 56 db in both ears and they are not considering the disability percentage (46.5%).Am i not eligible to apply in PH category?.I am very sad regarding this.so what should i do now?.I already have paid Rs 500 for GATE application.If they would have mentioned before then i would have not applied for GATE.

Also i referred "Rights Of Persons With Disabilities Act, 1995", they have clearly mentioned that person having disability of 40% and above are eligible to avail the benefits and concessions provided by the government.

please help me ...

• Super Moderator
ganpat1956

Please get in touch with activists groups for the disabled as suggested in post # 3. They will be in a better position to guide you correctly.

KODAKKAL SHIVAPRASAD
On 8/22/2011 at 8:48 PM, ganpat1956 said:

Additionally, please get in touch with Shri Kodakkal Shivaprasad ( a member of this portal) who has got a similar disability, but presently working in Canara Bank as an officer. He is actively connected with bringing in a lot of improvements in the lives of disabled people. His contact details can be seen at http://kodakkal.ning.com/profile/KODAKKALSHIVAPRASAD. He is sure to provide you a lot of helpful suggestions.

Present network to get information is www.kodakkal.wordpress.com

KODAKKAL SHIVAPRASAD
On 2/5/2012 at 11:54 PM, sarannaras said:

Dear all

I am a hearing disabled engineering graduate. My hearing disability is 46.5% (Moderately severe disabled). i wanted to apply for Engineer Trainee(ET) position in BHEL through GATE 2012. So i applied for GATE 2012 and they accepted my application in PD category .But later when was applying for BHEL ET-2012 through GATE, i was shoked and dissapointed because i found that BHEL will consider the application in PH category only if a disabled person is having hearing loss of 60 db or more, whereas my hearing loss is 56 db in both ears and they are not considering the disability percentage (46.5%).Am i not eligible to apply in PH category?.I am very sad regarding this.so what should i do now?.I already have paid Rs 500 for GATE application.If they would have mentioned before then i would have not applied for GATE.

Also i referred "Rights Of Persons With Disabilities Act, 1995", they have clearly mentioned that person having disability of 40% and above are eligible to avail the benefits and concessions provided by the government.

please help me ...

40%above disability not for hearing impairment category as per RPWD Act 2016, 60%dcb and above only recognize