Question

I filed an appeal an appeal against PIO with the SIC Punjab and sent a registered letter along with

(1) RTI application copy

(2) Original copies of B forms signed by the PIO

(3) letter with details

(4) copies of IPO's

I also sent the required documents with Email.

Now i have received a letter from SIC Punjab where they have returned for not attaching the following documents

(1) An index and copies of the documents referred to in the appeal or complaint and original application under section 6 of RTI act.

(2) A certificate stating that matter under appeal or complaint have not been spreviously filed or pending or decided by any of the state information commissioner.

(3) complaint should be sent in two sets (along with the copies of all above documents)

(4) In the address postal PIN code of appellant/ Complainant and PIO should be given.

You may re submit your appeal / Complaint as the case may be along with original objection memo after enclosing the above mentioned documents in above serial order.

Now i fail to understand

(1) original application under section 6 of RTI act.

(2) You may re submit your appeal / Complaint as the case may be along with original objection memo after enclosing the above mentioned documents in above serial order.

Can anyone help

4 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

You are an appellant. The SIC registray need rectifiction of deficiencies in your appeal. Why don't you comply with it?

Thanks for reply

I will do that once i know about

(1) original application under section 6 of RTI act.

(2) You may re submit your appeal / Complaint as the case may be along with original objection memo after enclosing the above mentioned documents in above serial order.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

(1) If you have submitted an application under-6 i.e. application seeking some information from the PIO, please attach copy of that application.

Note: In case, you have not made Initial Application seeking inforamtion from PIO, yours may not be an appeal under sec-19(3) but a Complaint under Section-18. In that case, please clarify the position. You may also submit detail circumstances and cause for the COMPLAINT (such as PIO refused to accept the initial application etc)

(2) When you resubmit the appeal, attach original letter received by you from SIC the contents of which you have reproduced above. - this is required to connect the case in SIC Registry.