Please see attached RTI and RTI response from PIO. Hindu Rao CCU has a serios rat problem for at least over a year and yet no comprehensive pest control operations have been carried out. I once had a chance to film a few small videos and have placed them on YouTube:

I have seen these rats and they are big, scarry and flithy and sometimes bite patients and patient attendants. My wife was once bitten by one these rats when she was taking care of her mom. She visited anti-rabies section of the hospital for vaccination and Hospital admistration is not aware of any such incident.

CCU is for critically ill heart patients where several costly equipments are kept with lots of wires and the rats could cause a lot of damage. They won't let you enter the facility with your shoes on but rats rule the nights with possibly several types of bacteria/virus etc.

Please review and suggest what should be my next action.

RTI Application and Response.pdf

• Super Moderator

That information provided seems to be enough for the time being.

Now you need to decide how to use the information you have received:

Do you want to complain to the Department/Ministry that is in charge of that hospital ?

Do you want to highlight the problem in the media ?

You can contact some local TV channels in Delhi or some National TV channels and highlight this issue so that authorities take notice and act upon the complaint.

• 1 month later...

I sent a complaint to Dr. R. B. Mittal (HOD CCU) regarding RAT problem in CCU. PIO had denied any complaint on record hence I thought I should first make a complaint then see if they take any actions to end to this rat menace. I will send another RTI after 30 days from the date they received the complaint. Or is there a better way? I didn't find a way to bring this to notice of media. However I noticed that there was a news regarding rats and they quoted my post on rtiindia.org. See attached.

Complaint.pdf

News.pdf