Under Direct Threat.. What should I do now ?

syedshah1983

Question

syedshah1983

What should I do now ???

I received a direct threat from the Head of PA

I received a call from one of the may be some clerk ( he just mentioned his name ) working in that office. He some how collected information about me of where I work and where I live.

The Clerk asked me my intentions for filing RTIs.

I said that I just wanted to get information, and I don't have to give any reasons for asking information. I also quoted sec. 6(2) of the ACT.

The Clerk was not interested to hear that, and persisted that he wants my intentions.

I asked him to write a letter to me.

The clerk said that the information is ready and will be sent to me, but asked me not to go for second appeals to CIC..

I replied that if information is incomplete/misleading I will surely go for appeals..

Then the Clerk said that - " SIR " ( head of PA ) is really upset becoz of me, and that "SIR" can throw me out of my current job with just one call....

I replied him asking to provide the information that I asked for, and that I will not move for appeals if I am satisfied with the reply...

The clerk replied that they have seen many people like me and that they will teach a lesson...

I have some contacts in that Office ( they are against the Head of PA ), they confirmed that the " SIR " had used his influence to find my details like where I work, and other details. They also, gave me a hint that the " SIR has created an un-official gang made of his well wishers within the office and very often have lengthy discussions about how to stop me..

8 answers to this question

Dr V S Prasanna Rajan

File a complaint under Section 18(1)(f) of the RTI act, to the information commission, describing clearly in detail. the experience which u have underwent and also the details of the call made by the person supposed to be working in the public authority.

vsprajan

jskeshriya

Dont be afraid of all these threats, First make ur mind U want to fight, then go ahead and fight till the end........

dr.s.malhotra

do not get unduly perturbed by such incidents , continue with your information seeking . If you feel you have been threatened by this caller, drop a complaint with local police giving the tel. number of the calling person . Drop a letter to CIC of your State , Drop a letter to head of CBI immediately - never think whether it works or not . Send a letter to Chief justice of your State . Above all , mention on this forum the name of the persons / persons threatening you . Make a note in your diary of this event .

syedshah1983
File a complaint under Section 18(1)(f) of the RTI act, to the information commission, describing clearly in detail. the experience which u have underwent and also the details of the call made by the person supposed to be working in the public authority.

vsprajan

Sir,

Filing a complaint with CIC will take years to come to surface..

Is it correct to inform the matters to Ministry of the Department ( Here its the education department ) under which this PA comes..

Or anything of that sort which would have some earlier action..

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Syed

Better you may follow the advice of Malhotra Sir and include the head of that PA also.

regards

syedshah1983
Dear Syed

Better you may follow the advice of Malhotra Sir and include the head of that PA also.

regards

Sir,

I have wrote a private message to Malhotra sir regarding this.. I am waiting for his reply

Ketan Modi

Dear Syedji,

I suggest that you post the name of the Department, Head of the Department and the clerk who called you and his number on this page. Thereby you will make all of us your witness. I further suggest that you file complaints with President, Prime Minister, Home Minister, Governor, Chief Minister, Home Minister of your state, Chief Justice, CIC narrating the entire incident. In one of my cases, a senior police officer had threatened my co-applicant of incarceration and torture at mental asylum under court order. I played this trick on him. Day before yesterday I was informed that the State Home Department has directed the DIG, Police to get the matter conducted by a senior officer and also inform the Central Government in English. Do not become jittery just because some funny guys is perturbed by your application. Happy information seeking.

Ketan Modi