where to apply to get Bill of entry/lading and customs duty paid document

andyk

Question

Hello forum members,

I am quite new to this forum, but it seems to be very active and helpful. Keep up the good work!

I have bought an imported motocycle from a dealer in India and paid in Indian rupees for the same. They are unwilling to give the Bill of entry/lading and customs duty paid document. I would like to apply to the Mumbai Port or some other authority and ask for this document, citing my vehicle chassis and engine number. IS this possible? If so, how and where should I apply? Pls. help. Thanks in advance.

- Andy

3 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
karira

If the item has been imported by someone else (and not you) then you will not get the copy of the Bill of Entry and the duty paid.

Thanks for the prompt reply Karira. I own the bike and can send a copy of the invoice to the RTI application recipient. When I own the bike, I was wondering if I don't have the right to ask details of import of my bike. Pls. help me understand this. The problem is the registering authorities are asking for this document and I am unable to produce it. Thanks again for your help.

harinder dhingra

[h=2]Re: where to apply to get Bill of entry/lading and customs duty paid document[/h]Please understand that you have not imported the bike and not paid duty and information regarding payment of import duty is third party information and is protected.

harinder dhingra