Demanding Map of particular Ward/Area

ashu.goyal

Question

ashu.goyal

How do i demand mcd map of a particular area/ward to check whether the building exists nearby my home is legal or built on government land.

ashu.goyal

How can i demand mcd map of a particular area/ward to check whether the building exists nearby my home is legal or built on government land.

DineshK

You can file a RTI application to the PIO of your MCD Zone and ask for area map. Also ask him date of construction of the particular building as per his records. (There is rare possibility of having it).

dr.s.malhotra

PIO > Public Information Officer [ designated officer under RTI Act responsible for replying to RTI Applications ]

Map > Lay-out plan

• Super Moderator
karira

You can file a RTI application with the PIO of MCD and aks for a approved building plan copy. Details of PIO will be available on the website of MCD, under the "RTI" link. Or simply call that office and ask "Who is the PIO in your office under the RTI Act 2005. I want to file a RTI application." ?

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

Please also read:

Time limits specified in the RTI Act - Guide

How to submit a RTI Application - Guide

ashu.goyal

not able to find the PIO address plz provide me the website link from where i can get the address of PIO and tell me where to submit the request fee.

DineshK

Click on this link to get the PIO and FAA details of MCD. The IPO should be in favour of Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).

You can also file the RTI application using this link. For filing your application online, you will need a credit card to make payment of Rs. 11 (Rupees ten as fee and rupees one collected by bank as surcharge).

Select your zone (East, west, south etc)

DineshK

MCD stands for Municipal Corporation of Delhi. Which state your question relates to ? Delhi or Punjab ?

ashu.goyal

my question relates to punjab mcd bathinda

i mean to say under which head mcd follows like Urban town planning,agrcultutre etc.

ashu.goyal

i belongs to bathinda district not properly from bathinda whether i have to appeal to PIO bathinda or search for mine one.xill you providde me link pf mcd's punjab and plz tell me under with deptt MCD falls?

dr.s.malhotra

See the Punjab Govt's official website .

Your PIO / PA is the one in whose jurisdiction the Information is held [ department to which Information relates ] - It may be at district level or tehsil level or

• Super Moderator
karira

You have to file the RTI application with the PIO of the local Municipal Corporation / Panchayat / under which that area falls (whose map you are seeking). It may be the Maur Mandi Municipal Council.

ashu.goyal

in whose name ipo is to created and for which amount.

plz tell how much amount i have to get deposited for demanding layout map.so what will PIO send to me phoocopy of layout map or something else.Is there any additional cost i have to deposit if he send me Photocopy.

• Super Moderator
karira

If the public authority is a local body under Himachal Pradesh Government - then you have to follow the RTI Rules and Fees for Himachal Pradesh. These are available in the Guide section: Guide