karira

Public have right to seek info on tenders

karira

HYDERABAD: Information Commissioner under the Right to Information (RTI) Act R. Dileep Reddy on Wednesday said that the information on the process of tender evaluation must necessarily be in public domain.

Mr. Reddy made this assertion in reference to information sought by S. Basu of Sumeru (India) Pvt Ltd of Kolkata from the public information officer (PIO) of the Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (SCCL), Kothagudem.

Mr. Basu sought to know the details of minutes of tender committee meeting; copy of the visit report of the SCCL to Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd to inspect Promtractor Dozer/pipe layer/ and or any other equipment; names of officials with whom the SCCL team discussed at Neyveli and the date of opening of the price bid of different parties.

The PIO and the appellate authority denied the information invoking Section 8 (1) (e) of the RTI Act, 2005. After hearing both sides, the Information Commission of the State upheld Mr. Basu's contention and felt that the public had a right to seek the information as it involved huge amounts and the aforesaid Section could not be invoked in this case.

The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : `Public have right to seek info on tenders'

• Similar Content

• Ram Kumara Naga Raja
      By Ram Kumara Naga Raja
      BBMP (Municipal council of Bangalore) does not take either postal or Online R.T.I queries.
      Since there is no accountability, the roads are in disarray and no action has been taken. Now with this covid19 pandemic, these fellows are just sitting and eating peanuts.

Several compliant either to the BBMP app, P.M.O office or the local M.L.A/MP have fallen on deaf ears.
      Has anyone succeeded in resolving roads via the R.T.I route or some other route? 
    • garg0505
      By garg0505
      Recently PIO of public authority, in a RTI application submitted u/s 6 of the RTI Act, responded to applicant after the stipulated time, you please visit the office of his junior and inspect the file/files, and after inspection of the files obtain the documents by depositing the money itself. Therefore, please provide expert opinions about the issue, as in my opinion no such provision do available to PIO to direct the information seekers under RTI Act. However if applicant desires himself to inspect the files, then option available to applicant to file the RTI application under section 2(j)(I) of the RTI act.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy