Is CBI exempted from RTI ??

Marikar

Question

5 answers to this question

I read it here that CBI is exempted from RTI. How correct is that ?

CBI exempted from RTI Act - Times Of India

CBI website has an RTI section as on date and shows the names of CPIOs etc also.

Can someone explain what is the present situation ?

Thanks in advance.

U/s 24, the ACT will not be applied to certain organisations, unless allegations of corruption & violation of human rights, the information shall only be provided after the approval of the Central Information Commission, for intelligence security Agencies under 2nd schedule of the ACT. The schedule being amended regularly to include and exclude certain organizations.

All the PAs including intelligence security Agencies must declare their PIOs/AAs. So you found the list. Even you can file RTI giving reasons for allegations of corruption.

On 9th June 2011, in the latest amendment of Schedule II (GS.R 442(E) of DOPT), serial number 22 and the entry relating thereto the following serial numbers and entries shall be added, namely :-

'23. Cental Bueau of Investigation.

24. National Investigation Agency.

25. ' National Intelligence Grid.".

So you read there correctly.

Thanks for the info sir.

Now who shall be recipient of the 10 rupees fees, that info is nowhere on the cbi - rti portal. can some1 tell me please.

Thanks for the info sir.

Now who shall be recipient of the 10 rupees fees, that info is nowhere on the cbi - rti portal. can some1 tell me please.

In that case, you leave blank requesting to fill the name of recipient accordingly .

For other PAs, I would advice to to write as 'Accounts officer' as per guidelines of DOPT. But, in this case to avoid of wastage your IPO (they will most probably return as it comes under sch. II), you may reuse the same for other purpose/RTI file.