Hearing by FAA in 1st appeal

habibdeen

Question

Dear RTI Activists

Greetings

In GHMC Hyderabad it has become a practice.

1) When we file FA with FAA which is zonal commissioner, they call applicants to be present physically and conduct hearing like info commissioner in 2nd appeals.

When there is no response from PIO and applicant file FA, what is the necessity of the applicant to be present. It should be between PIO and concerned FAA for not responding.

2) I applied for certain info with PIO circle 10 of GHMC. When there was no response, I filed FA. After filing FA, PIO gave me information, that too not complete. PIO took 71 days to respond.

Mean time FAA called me for hearing and in hearing he asked the PIO to provide me required info , he did provide info but not complete.

My question is:-

If the way of conducting hearing is justifies ?

if there is any provision in the act for conduction hearing by FAA

3) Can FAA fine or penalize PIO for delay

4) What is option available to applicant to get relief or compensation.

Thanks in advance

Habibuddin

4 answers to this question

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member- PIO/CPIO ,F.A.A. and CIC/ICs are quasi-judicial authorities so this is obligatory duty of public authority to provide reasons of their decisions to affected person under section 4(1)(d) of Right to Information Act 2005. When PIO didn't provide you information ,then he should had to furnish you reason of not providing information . Here stand of PIO is sheer illegal. Here FAA instead of taking punitive action against PIO for not providing information to information seeker , harassing information seeker in the name of proceeding.

Prasad GLN

An appellant need not necessarily attend any hearing and there is no obligation. However, appellant may file written submissions and ask exemption from personal hearing as a courtesy.

This is all farce to show that they are impartial. When no information was furnished within mandated period and when incomple or incorrect information is passed on what is the use of personal hearing.

When there is no obligation, avoid the same but file a written submissions asking for exemption from personal attendance.

• Moderators
ambrish.p
Dear RTI Activists

Habibuddin

Dear Member

Are you using two ids ( welfare & habibdeen). Please inform ??

regards