Inquiring private college about no security refund after 1.5 years.

boysguru

Question

Hello

I am an employee in Infosys Technologies Ltd. I've passed out from my college B.B.D.I.T. Ghaziabad (Babu Banarsi Das Institute of Technology, affiliated to UPTU) in July,2011, after completing my B.Tech.

I've applied for the refund of the security money in october,2011 through the means mentioned by the college i.e. submission of online form and sending of the hard copy via mail as well.College had charged 5000/- as college security fee and 10,000/- as hostel security at the time of admission in 2007.

They also deducted 1,000/- as alumini fee and I signed the Securiy Refund form in agreement so as they would refund the remaining 14,000/- but to no avail till now.

Now even after more than a year later of applying for the refund, all the students are kept in dark for no reason. College administration doesn't entertain any one with any valid reason or the amount. I need to know whther there is any way by which i can ask them to pay the amount back.

Kindly guide me through any possible way out, so that i can pass on this information to others as well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhishek Saxena

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

RTI is not against private colleges unless it receives substantial grants from UGC/Govt. The RTI path takes several months to get remedy, even if it is a pubic Authority.

Best alternate is issue a Registered notice and file a complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum which costs you Rs.100/- as expenses and can be made at Ghaziabad. As you have informed that several past students are facing the same problem, connect with as many people as possible, as early as possibe and jointly file a complaint before Forum and appoint a capabe advocate. Then per capita share of advocate expenses will be nominal and this will also teach a lesson to Guru.