Jump to content
  • 0

RTI to find out Welfare Schemes of TamilNadu





Tamilnadu govt announced welfare schemes for the year 2012-13 for Adi-dravidar people http://www.tn.gov.in/citizen/adtw.pdf

In that section 2.1 states that Adidravidars/tribes/converted christians are exempted from payment of Tution Fees. But students are asked to pay their tution fess in colleges, when asked to HM/principal they reply as if there are no communication to them even when the copy is shown and they cannot do anything unless they get some formal communication.

When the problem is raised with some personnel in collector's office they said "NO fund is been allocated, so we cannot do anything".


If an announced scheme doesn't exists they why it is there in the books of records of Tamilnadu government?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderators

Dear Member


You may file RTI application with the concerned department seeking copies of official documents pronouncing the guidelines referred in 2.1 of CITIZEN CHARTER and details of all the steps ensured for the compliance. RTI application will be as per state RTI rules.


For State RTI Rules , for locating PIO , writing RTI Appl and for submitting RTI Appl see this link :



FOR help in framing technically correct RTI application (read the attachment/s in the post), please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/94205-rti-help-can-we-ask-attestation-documents-provided-govt-office.html#post231006



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Moderators
Sunil Ahya



You may file a RTI application with the Public Information Officer of "Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department" of Tamil Nadu, seeking:

(a) Photocopy of documents wherein has been noted, the compliance report of various welfare schemes announced by the Govt.,


(b) Photocopy of documents wherein has been noted, the procedure for action suggested by the Govt in cases where there is a refusal to comply (non-compliance) of any Govt. schemes by any of the Authorities within the State.


© similarly .....



For details of PIOs of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department, please click on the following link:






> You may also file a complain with the appropriate department of the Tamil Nadu Govt. by referring to the following link:



> Keep (preserve) the details / particulars of the complain, wait for a couple of weeks, and then file a RTI application with the Public Information Officer (PIO) of the Public (Govt.) Authority where you had filed the complain earlier, for seeking documents pertaining to action taken on your complain dated: XXXX ( enclose the proof of having filed the complain along with the RTI application).



> For help on drafting a RTI application for the above purpose, please refer to the following link:


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy