How to and whom to send RTI application for information regarding status of voter registration, west bengal

sumansaha

Question

sumansaha

I had submitted three Form 6 applications to my Assembly Constituency's ERO's office. One was for transfer of name from one constituency to another, and other two were for inclusion of new names in my area's electoral roll. In spite of the applications being submitted in January, 2013 and document verification being completed in February, 2013 (first week), I have got no information regarding the status of my applications. I visited the ERO's office thrice to inquire but every time they tell me that the work has not started yet. While the AERO's office (who inspected my documents) says that the forms have been forwarded to ERO's office. I now wish to file an RTI query for getting the status. Please direct me on how to move forward as the RTI link on West Bengal Chief Election Officer's website (Chief Electoral Officer, West Bengal) is dead.

2 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Please go through this link, which contains detailed instructions are available

ECI

ECI

sumansaha

Thanks for the reply, but the I am little confused with payment procedure. They say that the payment has to be deposited in New Delhi. Also, the amount is not mentioned.