RTI Application to Sainik School

Yogesh Y Nuniwal

Question

Yogesh Y Nuniwal

Dear Members,

I have to get an update about the construction of a Sainik School building in Rewari, Haryana. Sainik School Rewari .

This school was inaugurated way back in 2008-09 and the construction for a new school building was also suppose to start during that session only. It has been almost 5 years there seems to be no sign of new building whereas school continues to run from another (temporary) premise in Rewari.

Just want to check the exact status of construction work. These schools comes under Sainik School Society, when I visited their website (Sainik Schools Society) could not locate RTI section. Schools top functionaries i.e principal, head teacher, registrar etc comes from forces, so in that sense they are a govt organization.

Want members support in finding out the PIO for concerned school or sainik school society

Thanks,

Yogesh

5 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
Got the link.. thanks

Please share the link here in the thread itself.

It will be useful to some other member/guest, who is also looking for the PIO of Sainik School.

Yogesh Y Nuniwal
Please share the link here in the thread itself.

It will be useful to some other member/guest, who is also looking for the PIO of Sainik School.

Sainik School Rewari

But it is different for every school. Appellate authority would remain same.

Yogesh Y Nuniwal

Is it necessary to submit a proof of residence while filing RTI to defense institutions like Sainik Schools?

School has turned down my request of providing some information citing the reason that I did not submit any proof of my residence.. Can they do that, because in last 4-5 instances of filing RTI and getting reply this is the first time that someone is asking for residence proof.

Prasad GLN

This is incredible. File first appeal, stating that there are no such turning down requests mention in request. Sec.7specify either PIO has to provide information or deny information under Sec. 8 or 9 but can not turndown or reject. Have you received your RTI fee back ?

If you do not have difficulty, you may submit the same to FAA as PIO may be seeking proof that as to whether you are Indian Citizen or not.