Can I get my prepared Voter I card by filing an RTI?

sandeepbysati

Question

sandeepbysati

Hi to all,

Friends, I reside in Faridabad. My whole family applied for Voter I Cards in Feb 2011. Our names also came in the prepared Voter I Cards List of 2012. But the Voter Cards haven't been delivered to us since then.

Can I use RTI to get the Voter Cards within one month?? If yes, plz enlighten me with the procedure and if possible give me a link for the application's format !!

Thanks in anticipation.

2 answers to this question

GirijaSiva

- RTI is right to information where you can seek information. You can not ask them to send you the voter id cards.

- However you can file a RTI application with election commission Haryana asking them the status of your voter id's (quote voter id numbers/your names) and the rules governing time period and procedure for processing & posting of voter id cards. You can refer to http://ceoharyana.nic.in/docs/pdf/rti.pdf for details of PIO.

- Some times PIO's act after receiving RTI applications

- If required you can look at Electoralroll | Chief Electoral Officer Haryana or Voters Searchvoter | Chief Electoral Officer Haryana to obtain your voter id numbers

- To understand how to write & submit a RTI application, you can go through RTI INDIA - Your right to know - the Compete Right to Information Portal of India

- You can also look at http://ceoharyana.nic.in/docs/pdf/rtiapplications.pdf which you might find as interesting.

- Optionally you can write a complaint to election commission and see their response

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O